PDA

View Full Version : Jelco arm rest height?

TBL
09-05-2013, 10:55
I know their are a few Jelco users in here and I was wondering what height you set the arm rest at. I've just got a 750db and I've set mine at the lowest level. although it looks a little odd at rest because it means the arm is sloping down it does lock into place nicely. I've tried it at higher settings and the arm just sits loosely and any slight touch and the arm comes flying out of the rest. Now I know I can and do keep the arm lift UP when not playing, I still prefer the solid feel of the arm locking into place and given the choice would prefer the flip over type of rest, but sadly that is not an option.

However by putting it low, am I putting any strain on the arm which could cause a problem later. What do you Jelco owners think/do with yours?

337alant
21-05-2013, 18:28
I set mine so
1. with the needle on a record lower the rest
2. Adjust the rest height so there is approx 2-3mm gap between the rest and bottom of the arm tube.

I know what you meen about the rest having no clip?, its pretty naf and it cost me a MC cart when my son knocked my arm accidently and it went flying accross the TT snapping the cantilever on my Ortofon MC25FL, I was gutted :(

Alan