PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Nuisance Value
04-05-2013, 08:47
Morning guys/ladies,

Hi there! I was browsing the internet one day looking for info on my amp set-up and this place came up top of the search results, so I joined to pass some info on to the poster who was asking for further info.

Currently I am running a Roksan Radius 5 (with 5.2 mods from Roksan) with a Sumiko BPS, into a JDI pre-amp, JDI mono blocks and Ultimate Monitor 2 loudspeakers (unique, designed and built as a one off pair, transmission line bass, 12" Dynaudio drivers, 6" mids, Scanspeak tweeters, fully active (I've got the crossover in a spare room) or passive with external crossovers, as I'm running them at the moment)

In fact, because these speakers are so big (1300 x 350 x 600mm deep and far too big to breathe properly in my current small living room) I was thinking of mothballing them and getting something a little smaller like the DC6T SE..

Any experience of these speakers on here?

The Grand Wazoo
04-05-2013, 09:55
Hi Nick and here's a warm welcome to AoS from me.
That sounds like an interesting system you have there. What sort of music do you like to play on it?
Cheers

losenotaminute
04-05-2013, 11:05
Morning guys/ladies,

Hi there! I was browsing the internet one day looking for info on my amp set-up and this place came up top of the search results, so I joined to pass some info on to the poster who was asking for further info.

Currently I am running a Roksan Radius 5 (with 5.2 mods from Roksan) with a Sumiko BPS, into a JDI pre-amp, JDI mono blocks and Ultimate Monitor 2 loudspeakers (unique, designed and built as a one off pair, transmission line bass, 12" Dynaudio drivers, 6" mids, Scanspeak tweeters, fully active (I've got the crossover in a spare room) or passive with external crossovers, as I'm running them at the moment)

In fact, because these speakers are so big (1300 x 350 x 600mm deep and far too big to breathe properly in my current small living room) I was thinking of mothballing them and getting something a little smaller like the DC6T SE..

Any experience of these speakers on here?

Hi Nick,

That's a pretty neat setup you have. The speakers sound interesting, any chance of some pics in situ?

Are you a box swapper?

Lawrence

Nuisance Value
04-05-2013, 12:07
Hi Nick and here's a warm welcome to AoS from me.
That sounds like an interesting system you have there. What sort of music do you like to play on it?
Cheers

Hi there and thanks for the welcome. I listen to all sorts of electronic, rock, experimental etc. I think the pace of the Roksan and amps makes up for any speed the speakers may lose due to the design.

Nuisance Value
04-05-2013, 12:09
Hi Nick,

That's a pretty neat setup you have. The speakers sound interesting, any chance of some pics in situ?

Are you a box swapper?

Lawrence

Hi, well they are incredibly responsive to low bass though which is very handy for rock, techno which they excel at. I believe the guy who built them told me he measured the bass down to low 20's iirc but it would be interesting to measure them properly.

Will get some pics up in the gallery shortly.

Sorry, but I don't know what a box swapper is!

losenotaminute
04-05-2013, 12:18
Sorry, but I don't know what a box swapper is!

It means someone who keeps changing their kit, in the never-ending search for that perfect sound.

Hang around on AOS for a while and no doubt you will be tempted...

Nuisance Value
04-05-2013, 12:27
Ah! Forgive my ignorance. Strangely, that's not something I do much, but you never know!

Alex_UK
04-05-2013, 13:21
And welcome from me too - hope you enjoy the place. :)

Nuisance Value
04-05-2013, 15:45
Thanks Alex, looks a nice place, I'm sure I will.