PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the South (of Manchester)

Boaf
30-04-2013, 21:44
Hello All,
First post but I've been browsing the Forum for a while, mainly whilst researching which DAC to buy.

There are only two types of music; the type that does it for you and the type that doesn't. Who does it for me? Led Zeppelin, Pixies, Radiohead, Aimee Mann, Everything Everything, Rush, Yes, Fats Waller, Randy Newman, Vic Chesnutt, Vaughan Williams, Aaron Copland are just a few that spring to mind.
My bits-and-pieces system consists of:
Marantz DR6000 CD Recorder into Beresford Gatorised Caiman DAC into Marantz PM-66SE KI Amp into Dynaudio Audience 40 speakers. I also have a NAD 521i CD player, a Goldring GR1 turntable and a Technics RS-TR355 Double Cassette Deck which don't get much use these days.

What gets much more use is streaming Spotify Premium or my CD collection ripped to Apple Lossless via Airport Express and Caiman. I have lately started using JRiver instead of iTunes, which sounds loads better, but my current tear-my-hair-out challenge is how to stream it gaplessly and without skipping tracks using JRemote on iPad.

The Grand Wazoo
30-04-2013, 21:51
Hi Richard,
Welcome to AoS - what a great introduction. Thanks for that.

Alex_UK
30-04-2013, 22:01
Hi Richard, welcome to AoS.

I use Jriver, and from memory there's a "Gapless" tick box in the playback options, but I use the My River remote, so can't help you on that score - loads of other users on here so I am sure we will be able to get to the bottom of it. :)

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Boaf
10-05-2013, 22:06
Hi Alex,
Many thanks for the welcome. I've resolved the gapless issue!
Realised I was streaming to the iPad then streaming again from iPad via Airplay and that was introducing gaps and skips. What I am now doing is using Airfoil to direct the JRiver output from Computer Speakers to Airport Express, selecting Computer Speakers as output on the iPad, and using JRemote on iPad as remote controller only.
Sounds great. One step nearer where I'm trying to get to. Now if only I could eliminate the pesky network dropouts I'd be sorted!!
Cheers for now,
Boaf