PDA

View Full Version : Hello from San Antonio!

StevenZ
30-04-2013, 14:18
Hello,

Just registered to this forum and thought I should pop in and say hello. My name is Steven and I'm from San Antonio, TX. I'm part of the local audio club, River City Audio Society which is the sister club to the Houston Audio Society. We meet monthly to discuss all things audio; new gear, new music, and different aspects of the hobby that are relevant.

My current 2ch listening setup isn't all that fantastic, but I am liking it quite a bit right now. Currently it consists of a DIY 2-way bookshelf speaker using SB Acoustics drivers, Class D Audio SDS-250C power amp, Electra-Print PVA passive preamp, Belden 5000UE 12awg speaker cable (raw wire ends), and custom made solid core silver wire IC's and silver terminations. I also recently acquired a Micromega MyDAC to handle my hi-res files on the PC.

That's about it, nothing too fancy, but sounds exceptionally good. I have bought and sold many pieces of gear and have built quite a few different speakers over the years and have finally settled on this hodge-podge assortment of gear and find that I have achieved somewhat of a system synergy that I hadn't before.

My musical tastes vary from classical to indie rock. I listen to music that mostly isn't played on the radio except for a few college stations. I don't do the new repetitive no-talent trash that has infiltrated our society.

I have attached a photo of my current setup in my tiny listening room. Room treatments and new stands coming soon. TV will also be moved out and replaced with a proper equipment rack.

Cheers,
Steven

Audio Al
30-04-2013, 14:44
Hi Steve

Welcome to the forum

system synergy That's what it all about :eyebrows:

Enjoy your time with us , I am sure we have members who would like to know about your DIY speaker builds , including me :D

Tarzan
30-04-2013, 16:03
Yeah welcome abroad Steve, system looks good from here, can you tell us more about your Class D amp- we like Class D:)

Thing Fish
30-04-2013, 18:09
Welcome Steven...:wave:

apollo
30-04-2013, 18:41
Welcome Steven.. had gone to San Antonio a couple of years back and been there for almost a year. Nice place.. and a nice system you got there.

Sure you'll have a great time here :)

Alex_UK
30-04-2013, 22:43
Welcome to AoS from me too, hope you enjoy the forum. :)

walpurgis
30-04-2013, 22:57
Welcome Steven,

nice people here. You'll have fun.

Geoff.