Audio Al
28-04-2013, 15:03
Is it pissing anyone else off :steam:

Who wants to know 29 people are looking at this item :scratch:

I DON'T

AAAARRRRrrrr !!!!!!!!!!

myles
28-04-2013, 15:05
To make you bid on it!! 'Look, other people want this. Now bid it up to more than its RRP, and we will make the profit!'

Rare Bird
28-04-2013, 15:12
Not the only thing that gets up my back with em Al

Audio Al
28-04-2013, 15:17
Not the only thing that gets up my back with em Al

The stupid blue box appears over the image

So you either have to click it off or sit for 15 seconds and wait for it to vanish:mental::mental::mental:

sparrow
28-04-2013, 15:22
If there are a lot of people looking at the item I wouldn't bother bidding. I've bled my wants dry on the bay over the last ten years on e bay..hardly ever look now and rarely buy.

seoirse2002
28-04-2013, 15:28
Ive found on the bay that it doesent matter how many people are looking...its people bidding that matters. A lot of people just look out of curiosity,or maybe they have the same item and want to know what its worth. I have had 70/80 "watchers" and not one bid!! and how annoying is that?:steam:

Rare Bird
28-04-2013, 15:35
I used to sell on there... ive had hundreds of watchers on my items & in some cases hundreds have placed my item in their watch list to end up with just a single bid at end of listing.

synsei
28-04-2013, 17:03
Is it pissing anyone else off :steam:

Who wants to know 29 people are looking at this item :scratch:

I DON'T

AAAARRRRrrrr !!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was malware... :lol:

ebay is what it is. There are things that annoy me about it but quite honestly, if it weren't for ebay I wouldn't own the system I do now. Not that I bought it all off ebay, but it did help fund upgrades as I sold stuff on that I didn't need.

sparrow
28-04-2013, 18:17
When I was bidding on a rare item I used to love looking at other bidders purchases and if they spent shedloads on similar items I would give up knowing I had no chance..sadly you cant do that now..

goraman
28-04-2013, 18:29
Ebay dose just keep getting worse and worse.
Both for the sellers and the buyers, it's getting to the point where the only one benefiting from most transactions is ebay.

walpurgis
28-04-2013, 18:35
Yeah, I'm a regular eBay user.

They had it about right around three years ago, but they just will not stop f***ing around with things. All no doubt brought on by pressure from their marketing 'experts' who keep looking at angles to produce the most turnover.

I really resent being told how much postage I can charge. Especially as it often isn't enough!!! Try mailing a leather coat for £4 via Royal Mail.

If there was a useful alternative to eBay, I'd be using it. But all the competion are small fry (so far).

Did you know eBay own Gumtree too? I expect free listings on there will stop eventually.

Audioman
28-04-2013, 19:20
Yeah, I'm a regular eBay user.

Did you know eBay own Gumtree too? I expect free listings on there will stop eventually.

That would explain why they are spending tons on Television adverts.

Audioman
28-04-2013, 19:23
Ebay dose just keep getting worse and worse.
Both for the sellers and the buyers, it's getting to the point where the only one benefiting from most transactions is ebay.

Being a very large profit making conglomerate I suppose that's the whole point, unless you believe it's supposed to be run for the customers benefit.