PDA

View Full Version : WTD: Turntable and Arm only £1300ish

sazeracrye
26-04-2013, 18:22
Looking for a nice unfussy deck + arm that I don't have to mutter incantations over each lp side. I have a 2m Black and a Dynavector DV10X5 so the tonearm needs to be happy with either. I have £1300 to spend but can push the boat out a little further for something that warrants it.

I have solid floors and the deck will live between the speakers about 3 foot on either side.

I don't own a car so this would need to be shipped or preferably delivered if you live within striking distance of Seaford, I would sort go juice costs.

Thanks in advance, Steve.

Rare Bird
26-04-2013, 19:20
Michell 'Gyro SE'/'Tecno' arm should be around that tag i think..

sazeracrye
28-04-2013, 14:58
bump

DSJR
28-04-2013, 15:21
Here I go again with the shilling accusation, but the Rega RP6 and new Funk deck should also be perfect for your needs and give you change too ;) Site both carefully and you can forget the mechanics of the replay and just enjoy the music.

Obviously for this money and the AOS being what it is, a Techie could be bought, re-armed and with mat, feet and probably MN bearing'd and plattered for around this price. Only the power supply would really need looking at I believe.

Macca
28-04-2013, 15:34
Stock Sl1210, fancy mat, fancy headshell, fancy cartridge, and an RCM (if you don't already have one). Fuss-free, reliable, competent. Or a Gyrodec, which I also like, but that means no RCM and a less fancy cart. Or a modded Lenco GL75, heard a couple of them that sound a bit special. Does it have to be new?

Rare Bird
28-04-2013, 15:37
Here I go again with the shilling accusation

Stop doing it then :lol:

only joking only joking :rfl:

sazeracrye
28-04-2013, 19:31
Stock Sl1210, fancy mat, fancy headshell, fancy cartridge, and an RCM (if you don't already have one). Fuss-free, reliable, competent. Or a Gyrodec, which I also like, but that means no RCM and a less fancy cart. Or a modded Lenco GL75, heard a couple of them that sound a bit special. Does it have to be new?

Nope doesn't have to be new, would prefer second hand actually to get more bang for my buck.

Monty
01-05-2013, 19:53
PM sent.