ecosse_011172
24-04-2013, 16:37
Hi,

I'm a Scotsman resident in Switzerland and my system is as follows:

VPI Classic 1 Turntable/Benz Wood Sl Cartridge
Sony SCD-777ES SACD Player

Whest PS.30R Phono Amp
Musical Fidelity A5CR Pre Amp
2xMusical Fidelity A3CR Power Amps bi-wired (All amps upgraded by John Sampson)

ProAc D15 Speakers
Pioneer SC-LX75 Receiver

I listen to vinyl much more than anything else and love the likes of Cat Power, Ryan Adams, The Twilight Sad, Idlewild, Bat for Lashes, Neil Young, Pink Floyd, Natalie Merchant,Malcolm Middleton etc.

I've browse the forum for a while and finally joined.

Cheers
Denis

wiicrackpot
24-04-2013, 17:11
Welcome Denis,

Nice system you have there, just a shame it's not Geneva you live as i visit my Sister quite frequently who lives just over the borders in France,
they commute and shop in Swiss but cheaper to buy property in France, would have been nice to meet and have a chinwag in a foreign country with native tongue. :)

Tis a nice place here, enjoy.

ecosse_011172
24-04-2013, 17:18
Thanks,
It definitely is cheaper to buy property in France, that's for sure!
I love both countries tbh.
Thanks for the system compliments, I've just gotten rid of all Nordost cables from my system and I'm trying to decide on interconnects, eithr Pluto or Mercury from RFC I think...

Andrei
03-05-2013, 02:33
I've just gotten rid of all Nordost cables from my system and I'm trying to decide on interconnects, eithr Pluto or Mercury from RFC I think...

'Ello from NZ. I'm new(ish) here too and find it a decent forum. I would be very interested to know why you are dumping your Nordost cables. I have changed my Nordost interconnects for Oyaide, the reason being they (Oyaide) have a good range of high quality silver products. However, I am very happy with the Nordost Speaker Cable. Nordost generally seem to have a good reputation so, as I say, I would be interested as to why you are making the change.

ecosse_011172
03-05-2013, 06:53
Hi Andrei,

I had no issues with the speaker cable but the interconnects caused hum in my system due to their lack of shielding, simple as that.
Once I decided to change the interconnects I decided to try different speaker cable too.
I am using borrowed interconnects at the moment but bought much cheaper speaker cable to replace the Red Dawn cable with no difference to the sound.
I am of the opinion that as long as the speaker cable is well terminated, decent quality and low impedance/capacitance the differences in sound between cables will be minimal at best.
I think that interconnects have a far greater impact on sound.

I'm replacing the Nordost Cables with RFC Mercury Interconnects which use Furutech twin Core Cable and Eichmann Silver Bullet RCA Connectors.

Cheers from Switzerland!