PDA

View Full Version : Any Koetsu users

artist
23-04-2013, 20:30
Hi i need some help setting a koetsu rosewood sig platinum

I have a standard risewood sig my friend has just purchased the platinum version and i am unsure what bias(anti skate) value i should set on his sme v 12"

hifi_dave
23-04-2013, 21:29
Start with what SME recommend and play around with a bit more and a bit less, to listen for any changes.

paskinn
23-04-2013, 23:18
Hi i need some help setting a koetsu rosewood sig platinum

I have a standard risewood sig my friend has just purchased the platinum version and i am unsure what bias(anti skate) value i should set on his sme v 12"

I use a Koetsu Urushi on an SME V12. The consensus seems to be that the Koetsu prefers low anti-skate settings. I run the cartridge at 2gms and the anti-skate at half that. Seems fine. Quite a few Koetsu users prefer no anti-skate. It's heresy to say this, but I suspect the setting is not that critical; at best it is only an approximation as the forces vary across the record.

f1eng
26-04-2013, 19:20
I use a Koetsu Urushi on an SME V12. The consensus seems to be that the Koetsu prefers low anti-skate settings. I run the cartridge at 2gms and the anti-skate at half that. Seems fine. Quite a few Koetsu users prefer no anti-skate. It's heresy to say this, but I suspect the setting is not that critical; at best it is only an approximation as the forces vary across the record.

The offset drag force which bias is compensating for not only varies across the record, but also with modulation.

Another point in favour of the tangential arm...

I guess it only makes a big difference as modulation increases to a level where there will be mis-tracking on one groove wall or the other, so the lowest distortion bias setting would be that required to compensate at the highest modulation levels???

Dingdong
28-04-2013, 00:14

That's just about were I run my Rosewood on a Kuzma Stogi S-12.

PaulStewart
03-05-2013, 17:22

As Mark also said, this works well for me too. I use this both with the regular Rosewood sig and with the platinum version. This has proven to be right with the SME IV and the Rega RB1000.