PDA

View Full Version : EMT cartridge (nude!!!)

HoraceW
18-04-2013, 22:10
Following my recent house move I'm in need of some dosh to pay a few bills. Going through my cartridge collection reveals a spare EMT TSD 15 cartridge and as I have a good selection of cartridges and although selling this particular one will make me sad it would be nice to see it go to a good home.

So here it is.

In total this cartridge has cost me 1,200 euros after being sent to AJ Van Den Hul for complete service. Since return about 3 years ago it has been played from time to time I would say a total of about 10 albums at most to keep it in good fettle. Everything works as it should having been fine tuned and serviced by AJVdH.

From the (poor phone camera) photos you will notice it is a nude version!!!

With the added bonus of having flying leads attached so the cartridge is all ready to mount (steady on there Mrs!!!) into a suitable headshell, even better if mounted onto a fixed headshell tonearm ( for example something along the lines of a Breuer Type 8 or Sumiko MDC-800, this very cartridge has been mounted in both types for testing and sounded sublime).

So there you have it.

Now as for price, well make me a VERY GOOD offer (but please no lowball offers) as I would rather let someone here who knows these and will enjoy make an offer before I consider sending it off to that auction place we all know and love!!!

Will be very well packed in a custom cartridge container and of course will only be sent by fully insured and tracked carrier.

Hugh

daytona600
18-04-2013, 22:29
is this a Emt TSD15 hugh , the top of the range has a VDH tip
have two of them myself , keep one as a new spare
OEM on brand new EMT 950 turntables this one , cracking cartridge
review below on the standard version , minus the VDH these cost more

sounds like a denon103 after a dozen pints of stella !!

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/emt/1.html

HoraceW
18-04-2013, 22:41
Thanks Scott, yes it is indeed the TSD15 (will edit my first post to add that).

Hugh

Beobloke
19-04-2013, 11:47
sounds like a denon103 after a dozen pints of stella !!

How do you mean? Does it slur really badly, stagger all over the record and then turn round and beat the arm up?

:D

daytona600
19-04-2013, 16:10
great speed and attack !

petrat
20-04-2013, 23:23
PM sent, Hugh