PDA

View Full Version : ADC 10E MKIV & Deccalift... the odd couple

Katch
17-04-2013, 11:16
Not sure if this is the right place or not but here goes.

Some of you will know that I'm helping my great uncle, who has OCD hoarding issues, sort his house out after being diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.

His hoard consists of huge amounts of computer hardware, videos, dvds, newspapers and - more interestingly for me - vintage HiFi equipment that he is more than happy for me to have.

Which brings me to the odd couple posted above. I've turned up both an ADC 10E MKIV and a Deccalift device both in unused, boxed condition. Neither are my area of expertise so I'm wondering if they are of any value?

I'm keen to see the treasures I unearth go to enthusiasts and there is much more coming. So far I've found a load of Quad gear (valve and solidstate) and a lovely pair of Jordan Watts Junos - I'm hoping by trading on the items that are not useful to me so that I can cover the costs of recapping and restoring the items I am interested in.

Barry
17-04-2013, 11:39
Hello David,

The ADC 10E Mk. IV is most certainly of value, especially one in an unused, boxed condition. If you want to sell it on the Forum, it would be best to advertise it with accompanying photographs. You ought to get £50 for it.

As to the Deccalift, is it the manual or remote (motorised) version? Frankly they are only useful with Decca's own arms, but would be of interest to a collector. It would probably be best to advertise them for sale on eBay. I don't really have much idea of what they would fetch, but something like £20 for the manual version and £100 - £150 for the remote, motorised, version wouldn't surprise me.

The cache of Quad gear sound interesting. You should have no trouble shifting any of it. Again a list of the Quad items would be useful, as would photos.

Good luck with the sale(s).

Katch
17-04-2013, 11:57
Hello David,

The ADC 10E Mk. IV is most certainly of value, especially one in an unused, boxed condition. If you want to sell it on the Forum, it would be best to advertise it with accompanying photographs. You ought to get £50 for it.

As to the Deccalift, is it the manual or remote (motorised) version? Frankly they are only useful with Decca's own arms, but would be of interest to a collector. It would probably be best to advertise them for sale on eBay. I don't really have much idea of what they would fetch, but something like £20 for the manual version and £100 - £150 for the remote, motorised, version wouldn't surprise me.

The cache of Quad gear sound interesting. You should have no trouble shifting any of it. Again a list of the Quad items would be useful, as would photos.

Good luck with the sale(s).

The deccalift is the remote motorized version with the funny switch to activate it.

Quad gear wise I've turned up;

2 x Quad II valve monoblocks
1 x Quad 22 pre
2 x Quad 303
2 x Quad 33
1 x Quad FM1

I've also found;

2 x Simon 'Minstrelle' tape decks (Garrard internals)
1 x Simon 'Cymbal' portable deck (Garrard internals)

and various other 'bits' not yet sorted or fully investigated - there's at least 3 turntables and I'm fairly sure one of them is a 301...! Can't be sure untill I manage to excavate some more.

Barry
17-04-2013, 12:03
Interesting - keep us posted.

Does the FM1 have the 'piggy-back' stereo decoder fitted?