PDA

View Full Version : Zeta Tone Arm

Si74
16-04-2013, 05:52
In lovely condition and all works flawlessly.
Fully checked by J7 at Audioorigami before he rewired it internally/externally and new Cardas cartridge tags.
Minimal paint loss on headshell and a tiny mark on the paint on the arm pillar, probably hidden when used at normal height ( I used it set high due to a Cartridgemans Isolator).
Additional/discs present inside countereight.

Rare in this condition and way better than some old Ittok:-)

Comes in original wooden box.

£600 inc postage UK mainland.

The Grand Wazoo
16-04-2013, 07:28
I've been using a Zeta since 1990 and I've been looking out for another for a little while now. Two days after I had to buy a new car, this one turns up - bugger! I'd love to take it Simon, but I'm afraid it's just not possible.

Someone really should snap this up. It's a phenomenal arm, quite rare and criminally under-rated - one of the best heavyweight arms ever.
When Simon says...
....way better than some old Ittok ....he's not bloody kidding!

Don't delay!

wiicrackpot
16-04-2013, 09:06
Came across one of these on a Oracle Mk2 back in the day, all i can say is MEMORABLE. :thumbsup:

Barry
16-04-2013, 13:03
Agree with all of the above - the Zeta is a real 'sleeper' and until the advent of the SME V was probably the best arm ever made in the UK. Even a Decca works well in it.

Good luck with the sale.

Si74
16-04-2013, 20:32
Thanks for the kind comments, kind of having second thoughts as I've never tried this on my Oracle?
Any thoughts on my pricing? it's on ebay but by the time them and paypal take their cut,
I'll be getting less than I paid before the rewire:-(
and mad c--- are paying silly money for Ittoks, makes you wonder!

Barry
16-04-2013, 21:11
If you are having second thoughts, then I would say you must try the arm on your Oracle, before you decide to sell. They are just too rare for you to make the mistake of selling yours only to want to try it with another deck.

Apropos the pricing, the last time I saw one for sale on eBay it went for £750.

It is a far, far better arm than the Ittok!

synsei
16-04-2013, 21:23
Simon, if you can afford to keep it then please do, the Zeta is one hell of an arm. If you let it go it is likely you will end up regretting it at some point... :eyebrows:

Si74
17-04-2013, 00:15
Hmmn, says he searching for Oracle springs. Currently using a Kuzma Stogi on the Oracle which is really very nice
Problem is I'm a unipivot man, Stogi S on the Oracle was sublime, PU 3 on the Oracle was close, PU 2 on a funked linn was glorious, PU 7 on a Lenco was very, very nice, wta on a Lenco still kills me.
zeta/zyx on the Oracle vs. Kuzma/Koetsu?? maybe have to scratch my itch
& sod the bankruptcy:)

vinylspinner
17-04-2013, 04:42
Hi Simon,

Sent you a pm.

cheers

Nigel

Si74
17-04-2013, 20:17
pm replied to Nigel, I think?

Rgds Simon