PDA

View Full Version : Our poor moderators...

goraman
14-04-2013, 07:33
I gave it some real thought tonight.
I wonder how much time the moderators spend reading posts to make sure a select few of us hasn't skiddered off the rails again causing a fallout or just embarrassing ourselves and the forum from time to time.

There must be a black sheep of AOS list at each of there computers, where they check the recent posts by them right away.

I may even be on Marco's post alert app on his phone!:doh:

Thanks Mods for putting up with all us loons.

Alex_UK
14-04-2013, 07:44
Well you're certainly not on my "naughty list", Jeff! :) Actually, it is a very short list at them moment, blank, in fact!

Thanks for the kind words, for the vast majority of the time everyone plays nicely, so it isn't too much of a hardship. At the end of the day most people just want to talk hi-fi and other gumph with like minded people, and have a bit of a laugh along the way (for most of us this is a hobby, after all!) so we rarely have to "moderate" anything - so thank you all for making the job easier!

MartinT
14-04-2013, 15:07
Thanks, Jeff. As Alex says, most of the time there is little moderating to do and we're just one of the members, contributing like everyone else. When it kicks off, however, we seem to work well as a team.

I don't have a hit list, I treat everyone the same - after all, diversity of opinion is what forums are all about. The help and advice available in AoS is what makes it special and long may that remain so.

DaveK
14-04-2013, 15:28
Speaking personally, whilst I acknowledge the work that the Mod team do, I do believe that some Mods do have a 'black list' and are over-ready to attribute totally inaccurate and negative motives to the ocassional benign post. Not having a go at anyone but I suspect that I may be ringing bells in some quarters :) . It may well be a case of 'Give a dog a bad name' ;) .
Having said that, the Mods seem to be getting most things right, given the robust good health of the forum but the ones that are uncomfortable here tend not to hang around and 'rain on the parade'.
Just my "diversity of opinion".
Dave.

wiicrackpot
14-04-2013, 20:58
Must say while i still think this is a good place, due to circumstances it has lost it's '' joie de vivré '',
the easy natural flow posting style has stunted a wee bit, hopefully it'll return in due course.

Barry
14-04-2013, 21:03
Probably a combination of the lousy cold, damp and wet weather, recent events in the news and recent events here on the Forum. :(

Don't worry things will recover - they always do! :)

WOStantonCS100
14-04-2013, 21:07
"Our poor moderators"??? Bunch of lazy gits. All they do all day is:

eat, tweak, listen, post, poop... and repeat.

;) :D :lol:

MartinT
14-04-2013, 21:15
About item 5 in your list... no time for that, mate!

wiicrackpot
14-04-2013, 21:35
About item 5 in your list... no time for that, mate!
Martin, DON'T LOOK DOWN !!!....SHIT IN YA SHOE.

Sorry i meant to say Shiatsu, it'll ease your tension. :lol:

Effem
15-04-2013, 19:03
"Our poor moderators" :rolleyes:

Get the violins out :lol:

losenotaminute
15-04-2013, 19:28
"Our poor moderators" :rolleyes:

Get the violins out :lol:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8528/8653282888_4ab7f8b491_o.png

Rare Bird
15-04-2013, 23:29
Lawrence:
Any reason for the Isaac Newton Avatar?

Marco
16-04-2013, 05:52
He approves of his hairstyle :)

Marco.

losenotaminute
16-04-2013, 12:01
Lawrence:
Any reason for the Isaac Newton Avatar?

It does look a bit like Newton but in fact it's John Norman, Alderman of Norwich, a distant ancestor of mine. I'm thinking of starting a campaign to bring back wigs and frock coats, I think the look is terrific, especially compared with current fashions.

Rare Bird
16-04-2013, 14:28
Blimey it does inded look like Isaac Newton!

WOStantonCS100
16-04-2013, 17:46
It does look a bit like Newton but in fact it's John Norman, Alderman of Norwich, a distant ancestor of mine. I'm thinking of starting a campaign to bring back wigs and frock coats, I think the look is terrific, especially compared with current fashions.

Wigs and frocks!! Whoooooo-Eeeeeeeee, I jest luv me some wigs and frocks!

eu2rcRDryns

losenotaminute
16-04-2013, 18:49
Wigs and frocks!! Whoooooo-Eeeeeeeee, I jest luv me some wigs and frocks!

:no:

Not frocks, frock coats, I wouldn't want to look ridiculous....

WOStantonCS100
16-04-2013, 20:55
:no:

Not frocks, frock coats, I wouldn't want to look ridiculous....

You are aware of the secret society around here, eh? It's what's under the frock coat that counts. :D

losenotaminute
16-04-2013, 21:36
Oh dear, you have let the cat out of the bag now. I thought the first rule of AoS transvestite club was "don't talk about AoS transvestite club"?

Barry
16-04-2013, 21:41
Oh dear, you have let the cat out of the bag now. I thought the first rule of AoS transvestite club was "don't talk about AoS transvestite club"?

Oh dear - I hope Tabatha doesn't find out! :eek:

Audio Al
17-04-2013, 04:05
No No NO not poor

Have you seen the systems they have :stalks::stalks::lol:

anthonyTD
17-04-2013, 14:16
It does look a bit like Newton but in fact it's John Norman, Alderman of Norwich, a distant ancestor of mine.
I'm thinking of starting a campaign to bring back wigs and frock coats, I think the look is terrific, especially compared with current fashions.

Hi Lawrence,
Just take a trip to Marco towers, i have a feeling you will fit right in...:lol:
A...

Marco
17-04-2013, 14:47
Yesh, he's welcome, as long as he doesn't pinch me pink sling-backs! :D

Marco.