PDA

View Full Version : My new system

fubar925
13-04-2013, 23:57
Hi be gental please just starting out into hifi..

fubar925
13-04-2013, 23:59
I will get some better pictures up of amp and speakers just bough a 7220 from stan beresford so gotta move stuff will update

synsei
14-04-2013, 00:03
Lovely photos Brett. Don't worry, it is all about the music here and not about the value of your equipment, although your gear looks ace. Can we perhaps see a wider angled view of your setup to put it all into perspective? ;)

fubar925
14-04-2013, 00:08
will do please any advice would be good ta i know the 800 are a little bit tight for space but i had mission 773 before these so...etc etc

synsei
14-04-2013, 00:11
As long as they are sounding great and you are happy with them then all is good ;)

fubar925
14-04-2013, 00:15
Please ignore the wii u remote and pay attention to the beer ... kids hey..lol

fubar925
14-04-2013, 00:22
Oh well I bought the dalis to add to my 5.1 set up to start off with... but when i demoed them they were in a 2 channel set up and they sounded so nice i mean so nice....... so i walked away with them and added to my 5.1 system and they rocked but but.... long story short i bought the amp off the guy got them from... sorry my english is shite im from england

synsei
14-04-2013, 00:31
Those Dali's are gorgeous, I have a soft spot for this companies styling policy. Although I have never listened to any of their speakers I have heard very good things about them.

Ideally they need to be toed in towards your listening position but as can be clearly seen from your photos there is an issue with space regarding the wooden hifi cabinet. I would suggest rehousing the system in a narrower, metal framed unit such as those manufactured by Atacama but it all depends on the age of your children and just how curious they are regarding knobs, buttons and switches (been there, done that, got the T-Shirt :D)

fubar925
14-04-2013, 01:17
No in fact toe in is a no no for these Dalis according to dali spoke to a a guy on another forum who runs the 400 with toe in on a 5.1 set up he said they sounded more punchy... imho they need no more punch so i keep the them 10inch from the rear to keep the base down as much as i can in confided space

vouk
14-04-2013, 05:00
Hi Brett,

That's a lovely system you got there! I've always been really intrigued by T+A as a company - I know they're huge and very well respected in Germany but never had the chance/opportunity to hear any of their gear. The styling on that amplifier is just gorgeous though; any comments on its sound?

I am quite familiar with your Dalis (their distributor here is a friend); I know you probably won't want to hear this, given the confined space you mention but, from experience, they do benefit a lot from a slight toe-in. Also, back walls are not too much of a problem but giving them some breathing space from side walls (ie 40-50 cm) would definitely improve things, especially in terms of their imaging, clarity and soundstage (three qualities that, to begin with, they have in abundance). I think it might be worth the effort.
Happy listening and enjoy your stay at AOS!:cool:

jason
14-04-2013, 06:46
Very nice Brett great looking speakers :)

johnB
14-04-2013, 17:51
Please ignore the wii u remote and pay attention to the beer ... kids hey..lol

Nice system Brett, shame that you're watching Arse**al on the telly though!:)

fubar925
14-04-2013, 18:30
Hi Brett,

That's a lovely system you got there! I've always been really intrigued by T+A as a company - I know they're huge and very well respected in Germany but never had the chance/opportunity to hear any of their gear. The styling on that amplifier is just gorgeous though; any comments on its sound?

I am quite familiar with your Dalis (their distributor here is a friend); I know you probably won't want to hear this, given the confined space you mention but, from experience, they do benefit a lot from a slight toe-in. Also, back walls are not too much of a problem but giving them some breathing space from side walls (ie 40-50 cm) would definitely improve things, especially in terms of their imaging, clarity and soundstage (three qualities that, to begin with, they have in abundance). I think it might be worth the effort.
Happy listening and enjoy your stay at AOS!:cool:

Hi it says in the manual not to toe in at all also have at least 10 inch gap at the rear..... So not sure I did know they need more space at either side it does make them sound a tad bright..... But the amp makes up for that...lol

macvisual
14-04-2013, 20:31
What's the exact model of the Dali's please? They look superb. Lovely looking system there.

fubar925
14-04-2013, 20:43
What's the exact model of the Dali's please? They look superb. Lovely looking system there.

Thanks for positive remarks... They are Dali helicon 800 mk1...

vouk
15-04-2013, 05:36
Hi it says in the manual not to toe in at all also have at least 10 inch gap at the rear..... So not sure I did know they need more space at either side it does make them sound a tad bright..... But the amp makes up for that...lol

Always worth experimenting with different positions and letting your ears be the judge. :)

MartinT
15-04-2013, 06:03
Hello Brett and welcome to AoS. Nice system, indeed!

Andrei
17-04-2013, 01:49
Always worth experimenting with different positions ...

So you don't like Missionary Man by Annie Lennox then :D

Tarzan
17-04-2013, 07:59
Nice system Brett, shame that you're watching Arse**al on the telly though!:)

:steam: That's what makes it a great system!

Welcome aboard Brett, lovely looking room and kit!:)

fubar925
19-04-2013, 17:02
:steam: That's what makes it a great system!

Welcome aboard Brett, lovely looking room and kit!:)

The kit is all mine and I take full credit.... The room decor on the other hand was all done by SWMBO... And I am on this occasion willing to take full credit.. because I reckon the amp and speakers make the room SWMBO on the other hand does not agree:whistle:

On a side note it was football first and I had no control on what team showed up on screen at that time if i did it would of course been Manchester United, but I love all football...phew

Lee Henley
19-04-2013, 18:55
Very nice set up, love the style of the T&A amp, never heard that model but heard one of their other models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fubar925
19-04-2013, 22:44
Very nice set up, love the style of the T&A amp, never heard that model but heard one of their other models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swmbo? (She who must be obeyed)