PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable adverts failing to run

Barry
13-04-2013, 23:41
Not sure if this is the correct place for the following observation/complaint, but I notice that one of the 'tail-end' adverisments at the bottom of each page is downloadable (?). This is the one on the right hand side.

It invariably fails to load and I'm getting fed up seeing a message pop up, stating: "An add-on for the website failed to run".

Is it just me and my computer, or have others found the same? Can anything be done about it?

synsei
14-04-2013, 00:07
Not sure if this is the correct place for the following observation/complaint, but I notice that one of the 'tail-end' adverisments at the bottom of each page is downloadable (?). This is the one on the right hand side.

It invariably fails to load and I'm getting fed up seeing a message pop up, stating: "An add-on for the website failed to run".

Is it just me and my computer, or have others found the same? Can anything be done about it?

I don't think it is you or your 'puter Barry as it seems to state that it is an add-on for the website which is at fault ;)

Beechwoods
14-04-2013, 05:44
Marco is trying out a slightly different mix of the Google ads that are served by the forum. The chance made is one within the Google config. There haven't been any changes within the forum whatsoever.

Which browser version are you using Barry? I will check the Google ad set up is correctly done.

Beechwoods
14-04-2013, 06:36
The config of the Google ads looks all good to display text and rich media / image ads.

Must be a browser compatibility issue. Would be interesting if others reported a similar experience.

If you want to switch Ads off, use Ad Block Plus https://adblockplus.org

MartinT
14-04-2013, 10:32
I'm not getting any errors here and the Google ad correctly goes to the site concerned. IE10 on W8 here.

Tim
14-04-2013, 12:46
I'm having no issues here either - running Win7 and Firefox 20.0.1

Barry
14-04-2013, 12:53
I'm using Windows 'Vista'. I often get the same message when I go to the Yahoo front page.

Don't worry about it Guys - I can live with it.

AlanS
14-04-2013, 13:18
Try latest IE or another browser?

NRG
14-04-2013, 13:46
I'm running safari on Mac OS SL with flash blocker, the bottom r/h advert is flash so maybe its the flash add on thats not working for your browser...

MartinT
14-04-2013, 14:50
Could be. Barry - it might be good to go to the Adobe site and 'get Adobe Flash', which will ensure you have the latest version installed.