PDA

View Full Version : WTD: Head-shell for the straight ADC tonearm

datawireless
13-04-2013, 15:35
Has anybody got a spare head-shell for an ALT-1 or any other ADC straight tonearm ? Let me know and I'll take it off your hands for a reasonable price.

Regards,
Mike

Mr Kipling
13-04-2013, 17:35
One on eBay for £25.

Well, two actually. But this is the cheapest.

datawireless
13-04-2013, 17:42
I've seen those. With postage of £15 to be added would you pay that sort of money for any head-shell?

Mr Kipling
13-04-2013, 17:55
Not quite sure where you get the £15 from.There is no postage for this one.

£25 is the price they typically go for. In the US unbranded ones are more common and typically go for maybe half that.

datawireless
14-04-2013, 16:51
Sorry, you are right. This one is UK-based and I have now ordered it. The one I had looked at previously was from the USA and the seller quoted me £15 postage. Thought you were talking about that one.

Still, £25 is a lot for a flimsy little thing like that.

Thanks and regards,
Mike

Mr Kipling
14-04-2013, 17:03
I still can't get my head round the price the LMG headshell can go for now - £40! Originally it was £5.

datawireless
16-04-2013, 07:24
Hey,

I've got TWO! I'm rich!

Mike

crippsy
18-04-2013, 09:25
Hi Mike, Let me know if need any more!

I have a clutch of them I accumulated through trial an error trying to find a match for the arm on my Denon DP-47f. This deck has a unique arm, slightly shorter than the rest! Therefor I need deeper head-shells to fit mine.

As long as the ADC arm accepts the 7 pin din(only 4 pins used) they should be suitable. I'll dig them out and get some pictures up if you wish.

Many Thanks, Aaron.

crippsy
19-04-2013, 12:35
Hi Mike,

I've uploaded a couple of pictures for you. The silver one is an Audio-technica with gold plated pins! The black head-shell was taken from a pre-mounted Ortofon VMS 3 cartridge kit.

Cheers, Aaron.

datawireless
19-04-2013, 17:16
Thanks Aaron,

The black one with cartridge tags would be good if you can spare it.
I do only need one and it'll be for the ADC ALT-1 tonearm. That arm is a veritable mess and it'll take me a while to get all the missing grub screws and others, even smaller. A challenge for sure. Also will need a new arm support catch (lock) but that is a small job, if I can find a part that fits.

As for the Mission 774LC, yes, I am interested, but can't remember any more where I advertised it and in which context. The price is OK if the cables are serviceable. Let me give it some thought an get back to you.

Have a good weekend,
Mike

crippsy
19-04-2013, 17:56
Hi Mike,
Thanks for the offer of a tonearm, but I ended up with a Linn LLV(Jelco) arm for the Mission turntable project. I was reasonably satisfied with the results, although the anti-skate mechanism seemed quite vague!
My friend was overjoyed at being able to access his 600+ vinyl collection, even through the limitations of his Denon mini-system.
PM an address and I will drop the Ortofon headshell in the post.
Kind Regards, Aaron.