PDA

View Full Version : dont listen to boyzone

The Vinyl Adventure
09-04-2009, 22:33
i know this is the oposite of what i am suposed to post on this forum but i am genuinly shocked how bad boyzone sounds through good hifi
my missis used to love this stuff when she was young so i bought her a cd from a charity shop whilst looking for that elusive charity shop vinyl gem. i actually thought well at least if i dont like the music i can apreiciate the production and listen to my hifi
i was wrong its crap, definately produced for radio/tv stuff, a warning to all of you out there who are sympathetic to your other halves daft tastes from youth... dont make the mistake i just have

Spod
13-04-2009, 09:50
I can promise I shall never, ever willingly listen to Boyzone through my, or anybody else's, hifi.

Purely because of your advice of course ;) !

Beechwoods
13-04-2009, 11:54
I have a 'Best Of Boy Bands' double CD which I think is rather good. The production is all very in your face, I admit. A bit like chocolate, too much and you start feeling a bit tired and emotional :)

Anyway, I always thought Another Level were a lot better than Boyzone.

They did do a cracking version of Tracy Chapman's 'Baby, Can I Hold You' though.

DSJR
13-04-2009, 14:12
No they didn't! The original was FAR better :) Ronan Keating was said to "yelp" through the songs and I agree...

Even Take That suffers from the over-loud/over compressed sound of modern "pap" music! A shame, because some of Gary Barlow's music is quite good otherwise IMO.

Beechwoods
13-04-2009, 14:41
I didn't say theirs was better, just cracking :) The original is an amazing song...

The Vinyl Adventure
13-04-2009, 22:15
No they didn't! The original was FAR better :) Ronan Keating was said to "yelp" through the songs and I agree...

Even Take That suffers from the over-loud/over compressed sound of modern "pap" music! A shame, because some of Gary Barlow's music is quite good otherwise IMO.

at least keating can just about sing and has a sort of interesting voice that other guy who sings in boyzone sounds bloody terible

i really do think it is a shame that the production of a lot of mainstream music gets produced the way it does
i hate to admit it but i actually like some of take thats more up-beat stuff but would never choose to listen to it because its produced in the way it is

The Grand Wazoo
13-04-2009, 22:54
GENERAL ANOUNCEMENT FRM THE ROUGH PROXIMITY OF NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE...................................... ............................

................erm....................The Grand Wazoo is staying in tonight........................erm................ ...washing his hair. So he won't be involving himself in this discussion........................
..........................just thought you should know.................

Beechwoods
13-04-2009, 22:59
This is AOS Chris. If you can't stand the heat... :lol:

The Grand Wazoo
13-04-2009, 23:05
This is AOS Chris. If you can't stand the heat... :lol:

Beechy, I'm so far out of the kitchen, I've packed a camping stove, some water purifying tablets and Ray Mear's - Survival Knive Collectors Digest.

(And some sarnies from the Co-op at the end of the road............you know.........just in case).