PDA

View Full Version : New Toy

stupinder
23-02-2008, 12:38
Yipee my new addition to my music centre has arrived and i'm a happy bunny. I'd been toying with the idea of bi amping my Linn Keilidhs for a while but didn't have the funds. So after selling pretty much everything none hifi related i bid and won a LK100 - using the majik for the lows and the new toy for the highs.
I have to say i was a little sceptical as to whether the sonic improvements would be justified! However after a brief listen to Fleetwood Mac's Songbird the difference is amazing. Difficult to describe just more real - much more! Having to cook for customers spoiled that brief session but we shall continue in approx 24 mins with some Gong that also arrived in the post.
Along witht the amp came a Lapp Olflex cable, im currently using an english plug/adaptor set up which is far from ideal so i thought i'd order another two of these thing which at around 30£ delivered wasn't bad. Most sceptical as to whether it will make any sonic difference but its got to be a tad safer! I'll let you know if it has any bearing on sound!