PDA

View Full Version : Hello

sinunn
10-04-2013, 15:04
Hi my name is Simon, based in Liverpool.

After some absence from stereo and investing in my 5.1 setup I have decided to go back into the stereo world again

I recently bought myself a set of Neat Motive 2 speakers (still running them in) and very happy with them.

Next purchase is a network player and amp.

Having taken advantage of the convenience of iTunes for years I am now in the process of somewhat starting again and a transferring my CD collection into FLAC files.

Looking forward to getting my setup complete as currently music is running through my Onkyo AMP.....which is great for films and TV:)!

Simon

The Grand Wazoo
10-04-2013, 15:31
Hi Simon,
Welcome to AoS.
Coming back to stereo eh? Excellent!
So what sort of music do you like to play?

sinunn
10-04-2013, 15:56
Hi,
Thanks for the welcome.

I have quite a varied collection. I have really got back into Fleetwood Mac recently (they were a test CD on my speaker trial!)

Few of the bands/artists I am listening to at the moment are

David Bowie
The Smiths/Morrissey
New Order
Arcade Fire
Noah and the Whale
Pink Floyd
Queen
The Smashing Pumpkins

How about yourself?

The Grand Wazoo
10-04-2013, 16:08
I always loved Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, not so much the later versions.
Apart from that, most guitar based rock music with a kind of centre of gravity sometime around the late 60's/early 70's. I also love blues old and new, some jazz, a bit of classical (not so much nowadays for some reason though), lots of singer/songwriter stuff...... I could go on all night! Many of us think one of the best parts of AoS is the 'Spinning Today' thread, where we discuss what we've been playing - great for recommendations.
Welcome once again

sinunn
10-04-2013, 16:18
Thanks for that, always on the look out for new music. Will check that section out.

Alex_UK
10-04-2013, 16:45
Hi Simon, welcome from me too. I hope the CD ripping isn't too painful - I've done it twice now, first to itunes, then again a year or two ago to FLAC. Not a process I ever intend doing again, which is why I have one bit of advice - Backup, Backup, Backup! (I've got one backup drive here, and two off-site - that's how adamant I am that I will never have to do it again!)

Hope you enjoy AoS. :)

sinunn
10-04-2013, 19:08
Hi Simon, welcome from me too. I hope the CD ripping isn't too painful - I've done it twice now, first to itunes, then again a year or two ago to FLAC. Not a process I ever intend doing again, which is why I have one bit of advice - Backup, Backup, Backup! (I've got one backup drive here, and two off-site - that's how adamant I am that I will never have to do it again!)

Hope you enjoy AoS. :)

I hear you, I am treading the same path as you!!
I bought myself a NAS drive, got both files (AAC & FLAC) now stored in 3 places.

As you say its not something to repeat.:doh:

MartinT
15-04-2013, 06:25
Hello Simon and welcome to AoS.