PDA

View Full Version : Removal repairs

moo-fi
10-04-2013, 08:43
Moving last month wasn't good for the Hifi, the good news is that the insurance will cover the damage but now I need to get a new phono stage, cartridge and get the turntable checked over. So I now need to find a Hifi dealer in West Wales that is half decent. The only thing I have found so far is Audio T, is there any other options so I can spend the insurance money before they change there minds.
The type of stuff I am looking for is £1000 phono stage and a cartridge such as a mid range Lyra(it is to replace a an Argo i). Then get my Spacedeck set up and serviced. Otherwise it will need a long drive to somewhere in England, my old dealer is over four hours away.
Ideas welcomed.

walpurgis
10-04-2013, 09:09
I quite like Audio T. I've bought from them and had good service.

trio leo
10-04-2013, 10:59
Hi Moo-fi,
you have a pm

regards Al

Johnnie7
10-04-2013, 11:05
john ruggles from analogue inovations is near you i think
and well worth talking to

http://www.analogueinnovation.com/

moo-fi
13-04-2013, 10:59
Thinking about the phono stage side of things, I was considering going to splash out on a new pre with a half decent phono stage, MM is fine as I already have a set of Noteworthy SUT. My current thoughts where either a Croft R or Verdier but wondering if there was any others to consider. Perhaps it may be better to stick to a stand alone phono stage, but going to a pre unit will allow my system to upgrade faster.