PDA

View Full Version : Fs: Quad II monoblocks

thebeathunters
05-04-2013, 18:34
downsizing my collection, i part here with a very nice set of original QUAD II monoblocks.
they were Thomas Schick (of TS tone arms' fame) very own amps so no need to say they have been totally restored in Peter Walker's true spirit and OG specs, but with better and safer selected components. series numbers are 64886 and 27074 which aren't close indeed but they've been thoroughly restored and matched for the best possible pairing.
they come equipped with 2 Gec KT66 pairs: one bottle-clear, the other gray and appaired by Thomas again, which are particularly well preserved hence can be considered almost NOS with plenty of lifetime ahead.
they've been measured over 100% with less than 1mA between the 4 tubes.

rectifiers tubes are 5Z4S, 1950's NOS russian (Sovtek) valves that T.Schick uses as reference in his own EL84 push-pull amps set-ups. their original boxes will be included. if current Sovtek tubes are generally looked down these days, their NOS productions were superlative and many connoisseurs remember fondly - and somehow regret - some long-lost communist skills...

rated at 15w, the quads II are far from the most powerful amps around but nuance, musicality, intimacy and accuracy are their forte. they got along very well with my former Rogers 15 ohms LS35a's for instance and one knows how these shoeboxes can be picky. as you can see, cosmetics are great, with very few light aging marks but no bumps or any scratches.
amps will be double-boxed with tubes apart - numeroted to each matching amp (important). i sold the Rogers, now the Quads.
price: £1250

shipping:
thru french postal service (tracked/insured up to 1500€) will be £65 for europe (inside EU)

Thing Fish
06-04-2013, 02:27
Very nice Phil. I have always fancied a pair of these...:eyebrows:

Good luck with the sale...:)