PDA

View Full Version : Hiya Y'all

Andrew B
04-04-2013, 15:18
Ive got a bit more time on my hands at the mo, and only recently found this forum, so here I am.

I'm yer typical forty something I guess. Got into hifi as a child and worked in a couple of hifi shops as a young thing. I still love 80s and 90s kit best. I've got a foot in both camps when it comes to flat earth and round earth.

My main system includes a Xerxes, a Micromega CD, Theta DAC, Wadia iPod dock (just got it), Audio Research preamp, Krell Power amp and Impulse horns. I've also got a Puresound amp and Audio Note speakers that I like to play with, so I enjoy switching things around. I really fancy a pair of Klipsch La Scalas but that will have to wait. No room and insufficient cash :)

The bedroom is more flat earth, currently housing a Rega Planet, Elicit and Elas. My wife loves Naim, Exposure and Rega, so the upstairs will remain this way although the roster of the above "usual suspects" will no doubt feature.

And that's me I guess. I've not covered musical tastes as they are pretty wide. I don't listen to heavy metal, classical or country, but all else is good :)

The Grand Wazoo
04-04-2013, 17:21
Hi Andrew,
Welcome to AoS.
Come on now, don't be shy, let's have those details about the kit that makes up your main system.
Cheers

Andrew B
04-04-2013, 17:42
Sorry, I didn't want to bombard everyone with model numbers in my first post. Here's the full SP.

Main system:

Xerxes/OL silver 2/DL103r (currently packed away)
AR LS1
Krell KSA80
Impulse Lali
Wadia 170i
Micromega Leader
Theta DS pro Prime

Also Puresound A30 and Audionote AN-K sp on Pirate Stands

2nd system:

Rega Planet
Arcam Delta 270
Rega Elicit
Rega Ela

Various bits of Naim and Exposure usually come in and out too. I'm particularly fond of Exposure's Dual IV amp and Naim Chrome bumper amps. Early Naim CD players often come and go. I'm deliberating over a CDS right now but there's a pair of 'bariks on EBay that I'll have a bid on first.

Thing Fish
04-04-2013, 17:57
Welcome Andrew...:wave:

Andrew B
04-04-2013, 18:32
Thanks, Dave. Nice system you have there. Some of the most musical bits of kit Ive ever heard. I bet it really sings.

Alex_UK
04-04-2013, 19:56
Hi Andrew, welcome to AoS from me too. Some lovely gear you have there, and great that your wife is into the hifi too. Hope you enjoy the forum. :)

Andrew B
04-04-2013, 20:49
Cheers, Alex.

I'm really enjoying my music right now. I'd gotten to the stage where I was only playing a fraction of my albums and CDs. I've been out of the UK almost solid since August and had to make do with my iPod while I was away. It was good for me though because "Shuffle Play" has really widened my horizons again. It's thrown up lots of stuff I'd forgotten I had.

Thanks for the kind welcome and I'm sure we'll chat again.