PDA

View Full Version : FS: World Designs KEL-84 valve amp

Sid and Coke
07-04-2009, 13:23
For Sale my World Designs KEL84 integrated valve amp. I built this myself as a DIY project and completed it less than 2 years ago in August 2007. Mine has the optional PCB remote relay board installed and is of stock specification and built as per the instructions , i haven't added any 'aftermarket ' modifications to it.

It has given me absolutely faultless service since completion and has been a great little amp. It is in Excellent cosmetic, mechanical and electrical condition. It will stand up to any inspection.
I fully tested the voltages last night ( 6th April) at work and the amp is in fine electronic condition. ( excel spreadsheet with the voltages on if interested (http://imageevent.com/sidandcoke/worlddesignskel84valveampbuild?p=7&n=1&m=30&c=3&l=0&w=2&s=0&z=2)).

The sound quality of this little EL84 powered amp is fantastic, it is known as something of a giant killler, it is both quiet in operation and dynamic. I have used mine with a pair of Mission 782, Rega Ela and Rega Kyte speakers, it drove them all to good listening levels with ease, even though it is only rated at 15 wpc... ( them are Valve watts :D ...)

Genuine reason for sale; Hi-Fi is a hobby of mine, i often buy, sell and swap my equipment just for the sheer hell of it and because i can, i just like to have a bit of a change every once in a while. I have bought a non working WAD Kit34 EL34 based amp recently of Tony L which i have repaired and am now having a play with that.

This amp is fairly compact (midi sized) and i have no problem with shipping it to a UK address and will 'consider' shipping abroad, but no promises on this. I will pack the amp extremely well for safe shipping, I pride myself on the standard of my parcel packing....

However, I would prefer for the buyer to come an collect it from my house in person, that way i can demonstrate the amp acually working. I live near to St Andrews in Fife, on the east coast of Scotland.

I will include two sets of spare EL84 ( or equivalent) valves and a set of spare ECF80 (or equivalent) so you will have some spares and can try a bit of tube rolling, all of the valves are failry low use with plenty of life left in them.
Another good thing about the World Designs & WAD kit amplifiers is that they are very well supported with not only help from the manufacturer/Designers but an army of very helpful enthusiasts on the dedicated discussion/help forum.

To buy a fully built and tested amp from World Designs will cost £650 today. My amp is fully built and tested , less than 2 years old, with some spare sets of valves included.

I am asking £350 plus shipping, i will consider reasonable offers for a quick sale, but am not desperate for the cash, so won't be just giving my baby away...

Here are a few KEL84 World Designs links:

http://wduk.worldomain.net/acatalog/info_KEL84.html

http://wduk.worldomain.net/acatalog/kel84.pdf

http://www.wduk.worldomain.net/forum/index.php

Regards
Tim

Sid and Coke
08-04-2009, 21:28
Bump...
I'm open to reasonable offers for a quick hassle free sale.

If you and your wallet are feeling the pinch from the credit crunch, but really need to buy my fantastic sounding amp then payment over 2 or 3 months via installments is also an option, please don't make me go to e-bay and paypal...

aquapiranha
08-04-2009, 22:44
I would have had this off you a couple of weeks ago, now I am skint again!! fancy a swap? ;-)

Sid and Coke
11-04-2009, 18:19
Amp now provisionally sold pending payment.

Thank you for all your enquiries..

Sid and Coke
12-04-2009, 19:22
Update; Sunday 12th April 20:20 pm.

Due to circumstances the potential buyer has now pulled out, so my World Design KEL-84 amplifier as advetised above is now for sale again...

The price is fixed at £315 which will include insured shipping via courier to a UK address, this represents excellent value for money for this fantastic little integrated amplifier.

Sid and Coke
14-04-2009, 14:50
C'mon guys you know this is a bargain, it's reputation precedes it and at this fantastic price ven if you decide it's just not you ( which won't happen !), you could resell it with little, or no risk of losing any money for the experience...

£315 inclusive is a very good price... somebody ignore your naggers moaning about getting even more bits of Hi-Fi, grow some balls and commit, you know you want to ( :D)

Simon
16-04-2009, 07:55
Hi,
Freshly signed up today - and interested in the amp. Is it still up for sale?

Cheers

DSJR
16-04-2009, 08:33
Welcome to the forum, and what a great way to get started here with this amp purchase..;)

Simon
16-04-2009, 09:24
Thanks for the welcome - I'll certainly have a close scrutiny of the wares when contacted.

Nice forum!

Simon
20-04-2009, 06:56
.....IF contacted.....is Sid and Coke out there? I'll hang on a while but I've got options which I'll start to follow up at the end of the week.

Thanks.

Sid and Coke
20-04-2009, 16:39
Lots of people seem to be interested in pictures etc, here is a dedicated Photo album, all photos apart from one are of the actual amplifier for sale.

Price is still fixed at £315 inclusive of postage to a UK address.

Hers the link: http://imageevent.com/sidandcoke/worlddesignskel84valveampbuild

Simon
20-04-2009, 17:25
Hi,

Well I see you haven't answered me directly - are you reluctant to consider sending it abroad?

In the eventuality, how would you prefer to receive payment?

Sid and Coke
21-04-2009, 17:32
Hello Folks,

The amp is now sold ( again... :D ) pending successful payment.

I sold to the first UK based person to make me a firm offer at my asking price across all Hi-Fi discussion forums where it was advertised.

Thanks again.

Simon
22-04-2009, 07:14
Congratulations on the sale!

From a Non-UK Base

tommy1
08-05-2009, 16:48
I bought thid amp to try against my Tube Technology Unisis. Although it's very good it's not quite in the same league as the TT (15wpc against 35wpc) Hence it's up for sale again. I'd like my £315 back plus postage. It's double boxed and well packed. Of course you're welcome to come and collect from Norfolk and have a listen.
Thanks.

tommy1
18-06-2009, 20:45
sold, thanks