PDA

View Full Version : Could someone please explain this to me please?

isuckedmandelsonslemons
02-04-2013, 17:22
On another thread (about politics) that is now closed, I was admonished (rightly or wrongly) by a moderator for my somewhat robust arguments. On the same thread someone called Clive said of me "you are a tosser" and "you are an arrogant twat".

Now I'm a reasonable man and happy to hold my hands up when I'm wrong but how can such insults be allowed when I got ticked off? One rule for one and one for another? Or am I missing something?

Alex_UK
02-04-2013, 17:34
Harry - I have just caught up with that thread, and you are absolutely correct in that Clive was equally out of order, though I suspect he would defend himself in much the same way that he has a right to his opinion - and even though many others would probably agree with it, that doesn't of course automatically make it fact.

Also, I don't believe I criticised your "somewhat robust arguments" - only the manner in which you were (in my opinion) being overly inflammatory - I politely asked you to be more friendly and less confrontational, particularly mindful that whilst we are all big boys, there are a few new members joining in who will probably be scared away from the forum if they feel they are going to be on the receiving end of such posts if they happen to have an opinion which you (or anyone else) don't agree with.

I'll also move this thread to Critics Corner which is more appropriate, but I don't intend having a long drawn out argument with you over the semantics of the way I have moderated this or the other thread - AoS is intended to be a fun and enjoyable place to be and being confronted with your posts today is not conducive to that aim.

The Grand Wazoo
02-04-2013, 17:59
Harry, you were being both insulting and inflammatory to more than one person.
It should be obvious to anyone from what I said when I closed the thread, that it was in direct response to Clive's remarks to you - those being the final straw.
My comment to you was not about what you said in the debate, but in relation to your stance against Alex, who was doing his job and trying to keep the peace.

If the discussion had been allowed to continue, it would almost certainly have ended in one or more person receiving a two week ban from AoS.
Perhaps that's what you'd have preferred?

isuckedmandelsonslemons
02-04-2013, 18:02
Harry - I have just caught up with that thread, and you are absolutely correct in that Clive was equally out of order, though I suspect he would defend himself in much the same way that he has a right to his opinion - and even though many others would probably agree with it, that doesn't of course automatically make it fact.

Also, I don't believe I criticised your "somewhat robust arguments" - only the manner in which you were (in my opinion) being overly inflammatory - I politely asked you to be more friendly and less confrontational, particularly mindful that whilst we are all big boys, there are a few new members joining in who will probably be scared away from the forum if they feel they are going to be on the receiving end of such posts if they happen to have an opinion which you (or anyone else) don't agree with.

I'll also move this thread to Critics Corner which is more appropriate, but I don't intend having a long drawn out argument with you over the semantics of the way I have moderated this or the other thread - AoS is intended to be a fun and enjoyable place to be and being confronted with your posts today is not conducive to that aim.

Hi Alex, I fully realise that AoS is intended to be a fun and enjoyable place and I think if my 1,000+ posts were analysed you'll find 99% fall within that ethos. I have praised the forum and individual members many, many times, just check. I have also attempted to be constructive by compiling a list of CDs that are of the highest quality.

I fail to see how childishly calling someone a 'twat' and an 'arrogant tosser' (in the same post BTW) is robust argument or opinion. It's simply not. No honest and decent person would say it is anything other than TWO insults. Feel free to correct me if you disagree.

What bothers me is that this is at least the second time it has happened to me and its happened to others as well. I could name names of people on the forum who have 'charmed lives' and I'd happily forward you PMs from people who have noticed the same things. I won't name names at this point.

I accept that there will always be cliques on any forum but all I'm asking for is fairness and even handedness.

If you can find a single example of me insulting someone in the way that Clive (whoever he is) did, then I will happily give a full and genuine apology.

Sorry, but this pissed me off the last time it happened and I let it go. I'm not prepared to do so again.

Harry

Beechwoods
02-04-2013, 18:04
I will go through that thread later this evening and remove any comments which step over the line from robust discussion - and we do allow very robust discussion, which may not always be to everyone's taste - into insults.

Moderating fast-moving threads is not an easy task. In the time taken to write a response and close a thread 2 or 3 posts might have been made, as I believe was the case here.

The guys had tried, on a couple of occasions, to steer the discussion back on track as it was clearly going off the rails. It would help if all members involved would heed these requests and self-moderate. AOS is not a free for all. Though we do try and give members the opportunity to freely express themselves, we do appreciate members treating each other as if they were having their discussion across a pub table, rather than across a football pitch.

Beechwoods
02-04-2013, 18:04
And here is a case in point with three posts made while I wrote mine.

I have edited Clives post. I will go back through the rest of the thread and edit profanity found elsewhere, regardless of the poster.

Can we all go and watch the telly now? This discussion has served its purpose.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
02-04-2013, 18:08
Hi Chris (Grand Wazoo).

In response to the above post from you perhaps you'd be so good as to answer a couple of points.

1. Why did you not take Clive to task over his insults in the other thread or on here?

2. Why when this happened before and I sent you a PM did you not even have the decency to respond?

3. Could you let me have an example where I DIRECTLY insulted someone in the way that Clive did, so that I can apologise.

4. Could you answer my earlier point about why certain people on the forum lead 'charmed lives'?

Many thanks
Harry

isuckedmandelsonslemons
02-04-2013, 18:11
And here is a case in point with three posts made while I wrote mine.

I have edited Clives post. I will go back through the rest of the thread and edit profanity found elsewhere, regardless of the poster.

Can we all go and watch the telly now? This discussion has served its purpose.

Thanks Nick. Sadly editing Clive's post has somewhat demolished my whole argument on this thread.

Beechwoods
02-04-2013, 18:15
The admin and mod team can see what was written despite it being deleted from regular view.

I deleted it because it stepped over the line and needed moderating.

Now please, can I just ask that we put this behind us. There is nothing to be gained by arguing with the rest of the team here who are only trying to do the right thing under difficult circumstances. We do not sit here waiting to read and moderate each post as it is made, and so sometimes it may look like people are 'getting away with it' when that is definitely not what is going on.

The Grand Wazoo
02-04-2013, 18:26
Harry,
Nick says it all pretty much, but I will say this about your second point:

2. Why when this happened before and I sent you a PM did you not even have the decency to respond?

What I seem to remember is that you took umbrage with me saying that you had made your point - a point you had repeated several times.
You sent me a PM and you also made your displeasure clear in public. I responded in public and you seemed to accept my explanation so I chose not to send the PM which I had been typing in the meantime. I'm too busy to answer the same question twice and as Nick more politely puts it, we are not gifted with omnipresence.

Clive
02-04-2013, 18:26
Harry let me explain my point of view.

It's not simply words that are used it is also what is said or inferred.

- You "kindly" advised me not to pay someone to help clean our house.

- I said that we have a large house

- You strongly inferred I was bragging about the size of my house, which in the context of what I said I feel is exceedingly unjust.

You were possibly trying to deflect my argument or perhaps you were being a "situation engineer".

isuckedmandelsonslemons
02-04-2013, 18:27
The admin and mod team can see what was written despite it being deleted from regular view.

I deleted it because it stepped over the line and needed moderating.

Now please, can I just ask that we put this behind us. There is nothing to be gained by arguing with the rest of the team here who are only trying to do the right thing under difficult circumstances. We do not sit here waiting to read and moderate each post as it is made, and so sometimes it may look like people are 'getting away with it' when that is definitely not what is going on.

OK. Fair enough you deleted it for the right reasons.

What I'm asking is why Grand Wazoo took me to task but felt Clive's comments weren't worthy of mentioning it.

I'm sorry to bang in about it but its happened before and I didn't even get a reply to the PM I sent about it.

Feel free to ban me for two weeks or permanently but I'm not prepared to let it drop. It happens on a regular basis to others but they're probably too polite to say anything whereas I'm not.

Many thanks
Harry

isuckedmandelsonslemons
02-04-2013, 18:32
Harry let me explain my point of view.

It's not simply words that are used it is also what is said or inferred.

- You "kindly" advised me not to pay someone to help clean our house.

- I said that we have a large house

- You strongly inferred I was bragging about the size of my house, which in the context of what I said I feel is exceedingly unjust.

You were possibly trying to deflect my argument or perhaps you were being a "situation engineer".

Clive. I don't want any explanation from you.

If someone had called an twat and an arrogant tosser in a pub I may well have been provoked to resort to violence (I'm not a violent bloke by nature) so why do you feel that you can use insults like that on an Internet forum.
I normally find that foul language and insults are usually used when an argument has been lost.

Harry

Beechwoods
02-04-2013, 18:32
What I'm asking is why Grand Wazoo took me to task but felt Clive's comments weren't worthy of mentioning it.

I'm sorry to bang in about it but its happened before and I didn't even get a reply to the PM I sent about it.

Feel free to ban me for two weeks or permanently but I'm not prepared to let it drop. It happens on a regular basis to others but they're probably too polite to say anything whereas I'm not.

Many thanks
Harry

I have already stated why it might sometimes seem like some things aren't worth mentioning. When Chris was writing his post and closing the thread Clive's comments weren't there. Then he was responding to your posts here.

Please do not push this Harry. It's not worth making some principled stand on. Clive's post has been moderated and as stated above, it was out of line. What more is there to say?

Enjoy the rest of the evening - I have to go and put my kids to bed now and am in no mood to carry on trying to justify how this has been handled much further - I think it's all been said!

Beechwoods
02-04-2013, 18:34
Clive and Harry

One thread has been closed. Do not use this one to carry on the slanging match that caused that to be done.

The Grand Wazoo
02-04-2013, 18:39
When Chris was writing his post and closing the thread Clive's comments weren't there.

That's actually not correct Nick - as I said before, my locking the thread was as a direct result of Clive's comments and what I said was:

Right gents, now it's time to stop.
Perhaps we'll close this thread for a while before we have any more of the personal attacks.
I also made a direct comment to Harry about his reaction to Alex.
We were also discussing things in the moderator area and, as you say, Harry then started this thread.

Perhaps Harry is seeking my resignation!

isuckedmandelsonslemons
02-04-2013, 18:41
Clive and Harry

One thread has been closed. Do not use this one to carry on the slanging match that caused that to be done.

I've asked polite questions. A number of them. Most of them are unanswered. I have no intention of responding to Clive again. I hope that helps.

Beechwoods
02-04-2013, 18:43
It does, thank you.

Chris, you only leave here in a straitjacket or a box, so lets not go there.

I'm off for an hour or so. Please let it be quiet when I get back.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
02-04-2013, 18:44
Chris, why would I want to seek your resignation? I don't know you, I've never met you and fail to see what you resigning could possibly achieve. Answering questions and responding to PMs might possibly help.

The Grand Wazoo
02-04-2013, 18:49
It was a joke Harry.

But did you miss this (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showpost.php?p=429511&postcount=10)

isuckedmandelsonslemons
02-04-2013, 18:53
A joke. I don't think ANYONE would have realised.

There's a thread somewhere about favourite lines from Carry On films. Did anyone see "Carry On Up The Clique?

Very old one.

The Grand Wazoo
02-04-2013, 19:00
I'm astonished! It must come as rather a surprise to Clive, myself and everyone else to imagine that he and I are in some sort of a clique.

synsei
02-04-2013, 19:13
Some fairness might not go amiss here. I don't want ANYBODY removing the profanity from my posts as it was used in context. I hardly use profanity at all therefore it was intended to hammer home my points and reveal feelings, I will not apologise for using it.

For what its worth: Clive, some might consider Harry to be abrasive when in fact I have come to appreciate that Harry prefers to be direct and honest rather than underhand and secretive (that's not to say you have been btw). I have come to respect and appreciate this side of Harry over the many posts of his that I have read and also through our few convos on AoS. Such conflicts will increase all the while this current government are busily driving a wedge between the least and most well off in our society. They are poisonous scum, and that is me being polite. Incidentally, I am one of those who have witnessed protectionism for certain individuals on here and in fact I have been a victim of it.

Apologies might go along way to bringing this incident to a close. I will leave it to those involved to project a little dignity and repect.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
02-04-2013, 19:16
I'm astonished! It must come as rather a surprise to Clive, myself and everyone else to imagine that he and I are in some sort of a clique.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

But feel free to carry on.

Clive
02-04-2013, 19:17
Some fairness might not go amiss here. I don't want ANYBODY removing the profanity from my posts as it was used in context. I hardly use profanity at all therefore it was intended to hammer home my points and reveal feelings, I will not apologise for using it.

For what its worth: Clive, some might consider Harry to be abrasive when in fact I have come to appreciate that Harry prefers to be direct and honest rather than underhand and secretive (that's not to say you have been btw). I have come to respect and appreciate this side of Harry over the many posts of his that I have read and also through our few convos on AoS. Such conflicts will increase all the while this current government are busily driving a wedge between the least and most well off in our society. They are poisonous scum, and that is me being polite. Incidentally, I am one of those who have witnessed protectionism for certain individuals on here and in fact I have been a victim of it.

Apologies might go along way to bringing this incident to a close. I will leave it to those involved to project a little dignity and repect.
I don't want to get drawn into adding much comment as it'll only inflame the situation but I must say here that I felt Harry insulted me.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
02-04-2013, 19:27
Some fairness might not go amiss here.

Incidentally, I am one of those who have witnessed protectionism for certain individuals on here and in fact I have been a victim of it.

There you go. I have no agenda. I'm not paranoid and I'm not talking out of my arse.

There have been recent examples of this unfairness and the protectionism of certain individuals has been noticed by more people than me and Synsei.

It's bound to happen. Happens in all walks of life but please do me the courtesy of not insisting that I'm somehow imagining it.

The Grand Wazoo
02-04-2013, 20:06
Harry,
No-one is 'protecting' Clive.

Do you remember when I said this:

If the discussion had been allowed to continue, it would almost certainly have ended in one or more person receiving a two week ban from AoS.

Now, who do you suppose that the 'one or more person' might be?

WOStantonCS100
02-04-2013, 20:06
With all due respect to everyone here, I hate coming across threads like this which seem to be mostly irrelevant to the pursuit of good music and playback gear. It's a downer when coming to AoS actually degrades my day. (Thank God, that doesn't happen often.) Sometimes I wish "discussions" like these could be confined to "private meeting rooms". Anyway, carry on. I'll go see what happening in the Spin Lists. :)

Wakefield Turntables
02-04-2013, 20:17
With all due respect to everyone here, I hate coming across threads like this which seem to be mostly irrelevant to the pursuit of good music and playback gear. It's a downer when coming to AoS actually degrades my day. (Thank God, that doesn't happen often.) Sometimes I wish "discussions" like these could be confined to "private meeting rooms". Anyway, carry on. I'll go see what happening in the Spin Lists. :)

+1. You do make a good point about going to a private meeting room. Could we not have some sort of facility like this where the rest of the AOS dont have to read threads like these. NO DISRESPECT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM to the guys in this thread, so please dont feel insulted by what I have suggested. :)

jollyfix
02-04-2013, 20:20
+1 well said Biff, and Andrew

Barry
02-04-2013, 20:25
But neither you, nor anyone else is compelled to read this or any other post. :scratch:

Just click on it and then immediately click on "New Posts".

Wakefield Turntables
02-04-2013, 20:26
But neither you, nor anyone else is compelled to read this or any other post. :scratch:

Just click on it and then immediately click on "New Posts".

True. Fair point. ;)

isuckedmandelsonslemons
02-04-2013, 20:32

With due respect to you, a recent thread on here about CD reproduction v Vinyl reproduction was very interesting but then a number of people ganged up on Frank and as fat as I know he hasn't been back since.

Another newish member left recently after receiving dog's abuse.

As I said earlier there's none so blind . . .

WOStantonCS100
02-04-2013, 20:52
With due respect to you, a recent thread on here about CD reproduction v Vinyl reproduction was very interesting but then a number of people ganged up on Frank and as fat as I know he hasn't been back since.

Another newish member left recently after receiving dog's abuse.

As I said earlier there's none so blind . . .

I don't see how the two relate. That discussion, as far as I remember, didn't include politics, started, was contained and perhaps ended on this forum. It was a topic common to audio forums, which AoS is. Indeed, I remember there being an equal number of folks on both sides of the fence. Frank insinuated some things I didn't like; but, hey, we don't share the same view. However, I don't believe any forum rules were broken. And, despite ducking out early, I don't remember any foul language. I certainly didn't use any in conversing with Frank and neither did he with me. There was no calling moderators out; nor, was there any need. And, if it had elevated to that point, my feeling would be the same. Outright, unapologetic and mean spirited pissing contests belong in a pub. But, then again they might not happen there because then it's face to face. YMMV.

walpurgis
03-04-2013, 10:10
As to the topic of the original post and its reference to the now dead thread mentioned. It's all water under the bridge lads and contributes nothing. Forget it and move on!

julesd68
03-04-2013, 15:22
Well guys I have started two threads recently of a political nature but won't be doing so again. I have found it a depressing experience. When opinions are obviously so polarised and entrenched there doesn't seem to be much gained from any "debate" as such.

Strictly hi-fi banter for me from now on.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
03-04-2013, 16:38
Well guys I have started two threads recently of a political nature but won't be doing so again. I have found it a depressing experience. When opinions are obviously so polarised and entrenched there doesn't seem to be much gained from any "debate" as such.

Strictly hi-fi banter for me from now on.

What happened to free speech?

I always chuckle when people say they believe in free speech when what they actually mean is free speech as long as it suits them.

Markiii
03-04-2013, 16:46
the problem is getting a "debate"

what often happens is two camps with diametrically opposing views are never going to be shifted from their views (whether for good reasons or not)

Dave for example is never going to be convinced that Cameron is anything other than the Devil incarnate :-)

to have a sensible debate we need to debate policy on each ones merit not assume everything a particular parties proposes has an ulterior motive or must be disagreed with purely because we hate Tories/Lab (pick you poison)

That's what pisses me off most about party politics

and preferably without it getting personal

isuckedmandelsonslemons
03-04-2013, 16:51
Well I'm easy when it comes to party politics: I hate all the fuckers. Generally I hate who is in power most although I could never ever bring myself to vote Tory. In fact I haven't voted for 23 years (there's a very good reason for this).

My three kids are grown up now and they'll all tell you they've had a pretty cool upbringing with only two rules that they had to follow: they can't EVER watch Eastenders and they must NEVER vote Tory. Fine rules for a decent life.

julesd68
03-04-2013, 17:08
What happened to free speech?

I always chuckle when people say they believe in free speech when what they actually mean is free speech as long as it suits them.

What a vivid imagination you have. Always handy for a journalist.

Delighted to have provided you with a "chuckle".

Mark has gone on to say everything I was thinking on the subject, so I will leave it that.

Tim
03-04-2013, 17:09
The problem with having discussions about either religion or politics on internet forums, is that you are having a blind discussion with a lot of people you most likely have never met and would more than likely not choose to spend time with socially if you ever did meet - its chances of not ending up in a spiral of doom are very slim IMHO. Human beings *normally* gravitate towards people they like and agree with in the real world - forums have no such boundaries.

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

George Carlin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Carlin)

:ner:

(I'm with you Jules - I stick to banter about music these days)

isuckedmandelsonslemons
03-04-2013, 17:23
Julian, no slight intended towards you. Apologies if you felt that.

It's just the free speech thing. When I edited a newspaper I used to be inundated with complaints about all sorts of things. I always used to speak to people and always asked them if they believed in a free press and free speech. All of them said they agreed . . . But with this one exception. Hilarious really.

Give me as much of that free speech malarkey as you like. Ill give you a list of what might offend me just in case.

The thing with free speech is that it's actually very simple: you either have it or you don't. Simple.

Clive
03-04-2013, 17:28
The problem with free speech is much the same as democracy. If there are no limits you end up with anarchy. Totally free speech just won't work, inciting terrorism being just one example; most people would say that's unacceptable. The problem with defining limits is who decides them and what ideology is behind the limits.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
03-04-2013, 17:54
The problem with free speech is much the same as democracy. If there are no limits you end up with anarchy. Totally free speech just won't work, inciting terrorism being just one example; most people would say that's unacceptable. The problem with defining limits is who decides them and what ideology is behind the limits.

Did you read what I said?

You responded to it by saying "The problem with defining limits is who decides them. . . " Once you go down that route you have control and people trying to claim the moral high ground by claiming they're offended. I'm happy for free speech to be governed by what's legal. End of.

Inciting terrorism is not legal. Hence it's not an issue.

It's like when people get offended (like you did on this or another thread) and claimed some sort of moral high ground but then resorted to foul abuse.

Ricky Gervais got it spot on when he said: "Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right".

Markiii
03-04-2013, 17:54
benevolent dictatorship is the future

Clive
03-04-2013, 18:01
Did you read what I said?

You responded to it by saying "The problem with defining limits is who decides them. . . " Once you go down that route you have control and people trying to claim the moral high ground by claiming they're offended. I'm happy for free speech to be governed by what's legal. End of.

Inciting terrorism is not legal. Hence it's not an issue.

It's like when people get offended (like you did on this or another thread) and claimed some sort of moral high ground but then resorted to foul abuse.

Ricky Gervais got it spot on when he said: "Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right".
I did read what you said. Life isn't so black and white though but that's my perspective. An obvious case of inciting terrorism is one thing and if it can be followed up through the courts then fine. But there are lots of grey areas and our courts aren't always great at dealing with the obvious (common sense) stuff because that's not how our adversarial system works.

Seeing as you brought it up; insulting behaviour/insinuations are foul too, no matter whether free speech language is used.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
03-04-2013, 18:04
As I said, you either have free speech or you don't. Those who resort to foul mouthed abuse generally can't get their heads round the principle.

Clive
03-04-2013, 18:11
As I said, you either have free speech or you don't. Those who resort to foul mouthed abuse generally can't get their heads round the principle.
If you are going to be so absolutist then it's hard to imagine anywhere that free speech exists. It's a uptopian dream at best so free speech can't exist.

I'll defer from any comments to do with your goading as expanding the discussion in that direction is pointless.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
03-04-2013, 18:18
Clive, tell you what, seeing you don't like the idea of free speech, perhaps you'd like to decide what's acceptable and what isn't. At least that way we miss out on the free speech yhat so many people say they want but you won't be offended and you won't have to resort to childish and foul insults.

In the interests of a peaceful forum I'm now ignoring any of your posts. Happy now?

Clive
03-04-2013, 18:21
Where did I say I don't like the idea of free speech? I just said (paraphrasing) it's uptopian and that I don't see it in operation or how it can really work anywhere. It can be an ok idea, just not practical.

walpurgis
04-04-2013, 10:01
Cor. You lot still at it then?

Why bother? Drop it and move on, life's too short!

isuckedmandelsonslemons
04-04-2013, 10:12
Cor. You lot still at it then?

Why bother? Drop it and move on, life's too short!

Read my last post;-)

MartinT
04-04-2013, 10:27
My three kids are grown up now and they'll all tell you they've had a pretty cool upbringing with only two rules that they had to follow: they can't EVER watch Eastenders and they must NEVER vote Tory. Fine rules for a decent life.

Clive, tell you what, seeing you don't like the idea of free speech, perhaps you'd like to decide what's acceptable and what isn't.

Chaps, this thread is NOT going to descend into the mud-slinging that caused Julian's thread to be closed. Can you not see that Politics and Religion always cause entrenched views, resulting in debate rapidly turning into a pitched battle? This has nothing to do with free speech and everything to do with our personal deeply held beliefs and stances on those subjects. Do you think you can achieve the holy grail of debate on these subjects when the Middle East has failed for several decades?

Harry, I've highlighted two of your comments here because we (the Mods) see you as consistently throwing incendiary remarks out for others to get hot under the collar over. I really don't need you telling me who I should vote for and I doubt that Clive thanks you for suggesting that he is not for free speech, when he said no such thing.

Please stop this now or else this thread will be closed and any new ones created on the same subject are likely to result in a little cooling off time for the perpetrator. Now, let's get back to hi-fi.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
04-04-2013, 10:49
Hi Martin, I notice you haven't bothered to highlight any of Clive's comments when he called me an arrogant twat etc etc. is there a reason for that?

Alex_UK
04-04-2013, 10:53
Hi Martin, I notice you haven't bothered to highlight any of Clive's comments when he called me an arrogant twat etc etc. is there a reason for that?

I already dealt with that in this post:

Harry - I have just caught up with that thread, and you are absolutely correct in that Clive was equally out of order

Harry - I' am losing my patience with you now - now SHUT IT before we shut it for you! End of. Your final warning.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
04-04-2013, 10:55
Martin, as an addition to the above, I wouldn't presume to tell you or anyone else how to vote. What's more I didn't. I made a comment about how I've brought up my children. How we've done that is entirely down to me and my mrs just is the matter of how people vote. Hope that clears up my 'incendiary' comment.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
04-04-2013, 10:59
I already dealt with that in this post:

Harry - I' am losing my patience with you now - now SHUT IT before we shut it for you! End of. Your final warning.

Alex, I was referring to Martin's post.

Referring to the earlier thread I didn't even know you were a mod. Is there some way I should have known that.

As for "now shut it before we shut if for you". Quite frankly I'm appalled. Would you say that to my face? If you wouldn't then I suggest you don't say it on here.

I'm not sure I know what you mean by 'we'. Do you have a gang or a posse? Perhaps a lynch mob.

I find your post objectionable and totally uncalled for. Tell me I've overreacted.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
04-04-2013, 11:03
Just for clarification I have sent a PM to Alex. I do no appreciate being told to 'shut it' by anyone. I'm sure not one single person on the forum would accept it either.

MartinT
04-04-2013, 11:07
This thread is closed pending any further action we may take.

Beechwoods
04-04-2013, 18:29
Unfortunately, following the posting by Harry of 19 identical posts across the forum restating points made on multiple occasions previously I have been forced to remove Harry's posting rights and suspend his access to the forum. This is not something that I have done lightly, and I'd like to point out that I have not had the chance to discuss this with Marco, who has been away visting Snapper for the last week. Under normal circumstances we look to get unanimous agreement across the Admin and Mod teams to take such an action.

Marco may choose to post with his own perspective when he gets back.

Marco
05-04-2013, 13:23
Thanks, Nick.

I should point out to anyone who was unaware that this fracas occurred when I was over 250 miles away in Scotland, visiting friends over Easter, therefore the situation had nothing whatsoever to do with me, nor indeed was I responsible or involved in any of the moderating decisions that were taken, despite the usual idiots on a certain forum attempting to claim the opposite, including their pant-wetting excitement at my supposed 'misfortune', which was both pathetic and *utterly* hilarious!

All they've done, therefore, is made themselves look like fools, which of course comes to them naturally. However, I did appreciate the fact that they missed me (bless), which I guess proves what a celebrity I am!! :lol: ;)

The fact is, when I'm not around, my colleagues in the management team have my full permission to moderate the forum as they see fit. I simply cannot be around here 24/7, as believe it or not, I have a life outside of posting on and helping to run this forum, unlike certain people elsewhere who obviously aren't as fortunate...

Anyway, the matter (the ins and outs and the cause of this little fracas) is being dealt with, as I've now had time to read through what happened and analyse the cause of the incident, including the behaviour of those involved scrutinised accordingly. The outcome of these discussions will be announced in due course (hopefully before tomorrow), when the thread will be reopened to allow anyone who's interested to comment.

Cheers!

Marco.

{Edit: the outcome to this can now be read here: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24979 }