PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Eltax Liberty 3+ Standmount Speakers in Beech

weetabix
29-03-2013, 14:19
Hi All,

I have for sale a pair of bookshelf Eltax Liberty 3+'s in beech vinyl wrap simulated veneer.

Dimensions are 380 x 205 x 338mm, and houses a 1" soft dome tweeter and a 6.5" bass/mid driver. They are also bi-wirable, complete with jumper bars, they have a rated sensitivity of 87dB at 4-8 ohms.

The speaker can easily achieve high volume without demanding much power.

The two-way bass-reflex design can handle between upto 130 watts, with a frequency response of 45Hz to 22kHz. Each unit weighs around 8kg.

The units are in very good condition, there is a tiny nick on the top corner of one, but only visible on close inspection, otherwise fully working and sound superb!

I'm looking for just £40.00

Cash on collection from Littlehampton, West Sussex is preferred. As these are too large and heavy to post.

Thanks for looking.

regards

Stephen

synsei
29-03-2013, 15:16
Eltax don't have a good rep around these parts and in the main it is deserved, but every now and then this company produce a little gem of a speaker, the Monitor III's are one such and the Liberty 3+ being another. The cabs on these are very well manufactured and the drive units ain't too shabby either. They also look very smart with the grills on or off. I bought a pair of these from my local Dixons when I got the the urge to revisit the hifi scene back in the early naughties. I partnered them with an Aura Evolution II VA100 50wpc amp (manufactured by B&W) and an early Technics Bitstream CDP (I forget which model). This system made an excellent noise right up until some 'orrible chav urchin broke into my house after deciding he wanted it more than me :rolleyes:

The Liberty 3's have a bigger brother, the Liberty 5's. They sport an identical driver line up in a floor standing cabinet but the similarities end there. A friend bought a pair after hearing my Liberty 3's thinking they would sound the same but with a more extended low frequency response. Unfortunately the bigger cabs are not internally braced therefore the net result is that the Liberty 5's honk like a Canada Goose at certain frequencies...

http://www.audiovision.cz/files/product/3028/preview/big.jpg

weetabix
07-04-2013, 16:21
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your input, it's rather interesting regarding their bigger brother.

You're right about the build quality of the Liberty 3+'s. I always thought they had a very similar look to the Dynaudio Contour series from years back.

So, still up for grabs a cheap set of standmounts, look no further.

thanks for looking.

synsei
07-04-2013, 16:54
Stephen, do you know anyone who travels from your area to Northamptonshire fairly regularly? If you do then I will grab you Liberty 3's mate. I was quite enamoured by these smart boxes years ago and I am curious to hear what they might sound like hooked up to better equipment ;)

weetabix
08-04-2013, 12:19
Hi Dave,

That's a bit of a difficult one I'm afraid.

I've looked into obtaining some decent packing and getting them on a courier to you, this would add a further £20.00, which probably still makes them a bargain if you're interested.

regards

Stephen

weetabix
29-01-2014, 11:53
Bump