PDA

View Full Version : What you doing for Easter

Jonboy
29-03-2013, 08:55
I'm off shortly to a camp site down near Poole in Dorset with our Caravan, we need to get away for a few days and spend some time together as a couple sans kids but with a few friends, sod the kitchen improvements this weekend just need to chill and forget about work

you may get stuck behind me on the M27, A31, sorry but i don't care :D

Tarzan
29-03-2013, 09:06
Getting drunk and then recovering for work Monday evening

YNWaN
29-03-2013, 10:21
Listening to a few records - nothing special.

Macca
29-03-2013, 10:23
Smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangeroo.

Tarzan
29-03-2013, 10:34
Getting drunk and then recovering for work Monday evening

Oops nearly forgot some DIY too.

Tim
29-03-2013, 10:45
I'm off shortly to a camp site down near Poole in Dorset with our Caravan . . .
Ah, so you're one of the folk dragging a shed along the A31 holding me up when I go out :lol:

And this weekend I'm seeing Joe Bonamassa and Rebecca Pronsky

DSJR
29-03-2013, 12:00
Enjoying the main stereo while herself is out :) Currently playing some vintage Paul Okenfold (Global Underground New York disc 2 - digitally mastered from vinyl sources probably via a techie?) :cool:

Roy S
29-03-2013, 12:08
Watching 'Auction Hunters' day on Discovery then off out tonight to work on tomorrow's hangover :)

Rare Bird
29-03-2013, 14:43
Working as always...

Jonboy
29-03-2013, 18:49
Ah, so you're one of the folk dragging a shed along the A31 holding me up when I go out :lol:

that's me, got stuck on the Winbourne bypass in traffic for a while part from that a good journey down, off down the local pub to get pissed soon :cool:

Marco
29-03-2013, 18:52
Working as always...

I'll give David (Snapper) your regards, shall I? We're going up to see him at Easter :)

Marco.

Rare Bird
29-03-2013, 20:01
Yes do ive not noticed Dave around here for awhile..

Marco
29-03-2013, 23:58
He's fine, dude - just had a lot of stuff to deal with, so not much time to spend on forums. I'll pass on your best wishes :)

Marco.

Rare Bird
30-03-2013, 09:49
Ah right.. Do you miss living up Scotland jimmeh?

Marco
30-03-2013, 10:18
Lol... Bits. I miss Glasgow, as it's a really cool city, with a fun and vibrant vibe, and some of my friends and family there, particularly the former whom I used to go with to watch Celtic play. That I do miss, and the ability to go and see home games at Parkhead. I know you hate football, but I'm a massive Celtic fan. I also miss being half an hour away from Loch Lomond, which was always a favourite haunt of ours. The scenery there is stunning.

There's also a big Italian community in Glasgow, which is near absent down here, and so I miss being able to go into Italian delis and pick up freshly sliced (top-quality) parma ham, pancetta, salami, lovely crusty Italian bread, and all sorts of things you can't find down here very easily, certainly to the same standard.

However, when I lived in Scotland, I was working like a dog, as was Del (with a huge mortgage to pay), and so we didn't really have much time to ourselves. Therefore, being down here now, semi-retired and mortgage-free, totally divorced from the rat race, and surrounded by the beauty and (in many areas) unspoilt solitude of North Wales, with the time to do what we want, when we want (as Del now gets long holidays, as a teacher), more than makes up for anything we miss about Scotland! :)

The weather is generally warmer, too, so overall our quality of life here is better. The severe snow we've just had really was a freak occurrence. Lent is over tomorrow, so after six weeks of drinking no alcohol whatsoever, we'll be opening up a few nice bottles of wine and looking forward to the spring and summer, and to many nice lunches, spent together outside in the garden! :cheers:

Marco.

RobbieGong
30-03-2013, 11:24
Enjoying the main stereo while herself is out :) Currently playing some vintage Paul Okenfold (Global Underground New York disc 2 - digitally mastered from vinyl sources probably via a techie?) :cool:

+1, Standard !! :lol: - I love her and our kids but I love when they go out for a few hours :D

Marco
30-03-2013, 14:05
Does no-one else here have a 'better half' who enjoys sitting listening to the same music as you do? If not, chaps, you've failed rather badly in the partner selection process....! ;)

Del and I listened to some classical music together for about 3 hours last night, in the peace and quiet of our lounge, where the only thing one could hear, apart from the music, was the gentle roar of our log fire and the cats purring, as we stroked them - bliss!! :exactly:

The concept of this 'get rid of her indoors, so you can have some peace', is a complete mystery to me...... :scratch:

Marco.

Macca
30-03-2013, 14:17
I've noticed with friend's wives and girls that if they are not at work they like to potter about, hoovering, cleaning, washing up, moving laundry about, making beds, plumping cushions and so on until when there is finally nothing more they can think of doing they go and have a bath and you get some peace and quiet. They regard sitting around listening to music as a complete bore and a waste of time. Personally I've never lived with anyone like that as it would drive me round the twist

The Grand Wazoo
30-03-2013, 15:04
Does no-one else here have a 'better half' who enjoys sitting listening to the same music as you do?....
....The concept of this 'get rid of her indoors, so you can have some peace', is a complete mystery to me......

We're in the lucky minority, I think Marco. It always surprises me that there seem to be so few couples who are able to share their taste and enjoyment of music and hi-fi. You see a lot of couples at live music events though, so how many of those spouses get dragged to gigs and recitals against their better judgement?

Roy S
30-03-2013, 15:15
how many of those spouses get dragged to gigs and recitals against their better judgement?

YOckQm-TpWk

The Grand Wazoo
30-03-2013, 15:31
We went to see Justin Currie a few weeks ago and both enjoyed it immensely but the couple next to us were hilarious to watch. He was obviously a big fan and knew every word to every song, was bouncing about in his seat, clapping and waving all the way through. She, however, sat rigid in her seat, arms by her side & silent throughout, with the expression and demeanor of someone bracing themselves for a plane crash.

Marco
30-03-2013, 16:01
Now you see, I don't get that bollox either...

I wouldn't dream of dragging Del along to somewhere where she didn't want to be, and neither would she want to do the same with me. When we're together, it's because we're BOTH enjoying doing whatever it is we're doing.

For me, anything else is deeply abnormal. I only go where I want to go, unless I've agreed to do someone a favour, or through legal obligation, I'm required to be somewhere.

Btw, I think you're right about what you said earlier: we are very lucky! ;)

Marco.

RobbieGong
30-03-2013, 17:14
Does no-one else here have a 'better half' who enjoys sitting listening to the same music as you do? If not, chaps, you've failed rather badly in the partner selection process....! ;)

Del and I listened to some classical music together for about 3 hours last night, in the peace and quiet of our lounge, where the only thing one could hear, apart from the music, was the gentle roar of our log fire and the cats purring, as we stroked them - bliss!! :exactly:

The concept of this 'get rid of her indoors, so you can have some peace', is a complete mystery to me...... :scratch:

Marco.

Not completely about get rid for some peace really - Priorities and the whole how you spend your time dynamic changes when you have children - period. They become the priority along with the running of the house which usually has to be in partnership to work otherwise if you indulge in doing what you want when you want she ultimately gets p'd doing everything herself and the relationship, home life suffers. As such you have to be cute with how you use your time and play the game. I'll pop tunes on sometimes when I'm doing certain things around the house (the kids love the music) that doesn't encroach on what others are doing ie: homework etc. Family life is great, days are long and full, the Mrs naturally wants to relax / lay down at the end of a busy day. I retreat to the back room and indulge in hifi, tunes, internet. If they pop out without me at any time I indulge with a free reign, no distractions or requests and crank it up, everyone's a winnner, the Mrs doesn't like the volume up which is fair enough. Some women dont mind if a guy does what he wants when he wants, some do (maybe a whole new thread that one !? lol !) ;)

synsei
30-03-2013, 17:24

Marco.

Yup, Jo enjoys listening to music just as much as I. One of our favourite games is to do random searches on Spotify to see what it throws up. We have discovered some fabulous stuff this way. Currently listening to Johannes by Kentish alt-folk outfit Cocos Lovers. It is a finely produced album which really gets the feet tapping ;)

p.s. No kids this weekend so it will be a lazy Easter for us both with lots of Vino on tap :)