PDA

View Full Version : Sarf Lunnon meet

Thing Fish
27-03-2013, 18:05
Frank (mido) spun round me drum today and kindly delivered the rack I purchased from Julian (julesd68). Thank you Julian it looks great...:)

A rack change is always a good excuse to tidy up the tangled mess of wires that lurk behind the old one...:doh:

Frank is a thoroughly nice bloke not just for delivering the rack but for enduring my ramblings all afternoon. I hope he enjoyed the experience also...:eyebrows:

We discussed various Lenco issues including stacked platters and tried various combinations to best suit his set up. I hope it was a useful exercise and went some way to prove the benefits of mass equaling tighter bass as well as more detail and a quieter background. I am sure he will post his views and findings.

We spun some Cassandra Wilson, Tom Waits, John Cougar, Anne Peebles and Melody Gardot to name a few. Tea was drunk and world problems put to rights.

Thanks again Frank...:cool:

PS I hope you find a use for the Technics 1210 I gave you. It was only gathering dust at my place...:lol:

julesd68
27-03-2013, 20:44
Glad you're happy with the rack Dave!

I managed to sort out all my wires too - they were mostly covered with my proprietary dust-loc shielding system ... :eyebrows:

mido
27-03-2013, 22:14
Frank (mido) spun round me drum today and kindly delivered the rack I purchased from Julian (julesd68). Thank you Julian it looks great...:)

A rack change is always a good excuse to tidy up the tangled mess of wires that lurk behind the old one...:doh:

Frank is a thoroughly nice bloke not just for delivering the rack but for enduring my ramblings all afternoon. I hope he enjoyed the experience also...:eyebrows:

We discussed various Lenco issues including stacked platters and tried various combinations to best suit his set up. I hope it was a useful exercise and went some way to prove the benefits of mass equaling tighter bass as well as more detail and a quieter background. I am sure he will post his views and findings.

We spun some Cassandra Wilson, Tom Waits, John Cougar, Anne Peebles and Melody Gardot to name a few. Tea was drunk and world problems put to rights.

Thanks again Frank...:cool:

PS I hope you find a use for the Technics 1210 I gave you. It was only gathering dust at my place...:lol:

Happy to help out Dave and thanks for your hospitality, I had a very pleasant afternoon. :)

Really liked your set up, I think those Spendor speakers go very well on the end of the Croft amplification.

I am now totally convinced of the benefits of stacking platters to get the best out of a Lenco.

I believe the results were a blacker/quieter background, tighter bass, increased airiness and more refined treble. I wouldn't have believed it until I heard it.

Thanks for the demo Dave, as well as all the advice and everything else ;). Top bloke :thumbsup:

Thing Fish
28-03-2013, 00:11
Thanks everyone for the positive responses...;)

It seems like it was a a win win all round.

It was a very informative session and was my first forum meet so happy days...:)