PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Klyph
26-03-2013, 14:14
Hey,

I'm Clifton and this is my equipment:

Speakers:
Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 (replaced Magnepan MMG's)
Elemental Designs A3s-250 Subwoofer
Power:
Emotiva UPA-1 Monoblocks

Pre:
Nightshade Audio Beacon Two (Line)
Custom Phono Preamp w/ 6SL7 tubes.

DAC:
Peachtree Audio DAC-IT (replaced a Benchmark DAC1)

Digital Sources:
Sonos ZP-90
Pioneer N30 Network Player
Pioneer PD-10 (2-Channel SACD)
Pioneer DV-610 (DVD-A)
Sony MDS-JE330 (Minidisc)
Optimus DCT-2000 (DCC)

Analog Sources:
Pro-Ject Debut III Turntable
Pioneer H-R100 (8 Track)
Akai GXC-325D (Tape)
Akai GX-4000D (Reel To Reel)
Sony Elcaset EL-4

I listen to pretty much any kind of music (with the exception of country! lol).

Alex_UK
26-03-2013, 14:35
Hi Clifton, welcome to AoS. You must have a big rack! We'd love to see some pictures in the Gallery some time? I've got my eye on a pair of modern Diamonds at some point - a couple of older pairs including IVs in the dining room which are absolutely brilliant for their size and price point and I'd love to try some of the newer ones, not least as they look much nicer these days. :)

Just Country, hey? What about rap/hip-hop - probably the 2 most vilified genres of music with audiophiles, though I personally like some Country and some rap... But each to their own, it would be a dull old place if we all liked the same!

Hope you enjoy the forum, and don't tell us what the weather is like over there, not this week, anyway! :lol:

Klyph
26-03-2013, 14:47
Just Country, hey? What about rap/hip-hop - probably the 2 most vilified genres of music with audiophiles, though I personally like some Country and some rap... But each to their own, it would be a dull old place if we all liked the same!

Hope you enjoy the forum, and don't tell us what the weather is like over there, not this week, anyway! :lol:

I admit, older country is quite listenable! But the newer stuff.....:lol:

I'm actually a huge Hip-Hop fan. I really don't consider myself an "audiophile". I just like good, balanced sound, and I've found that even horribly recorded material can sound good with the right equipment.

Alex_UK
26-03-2013, 15:47
Yep, it's all about the music. :)

MartinT
05-04-2013, 06:46
Hi Clifton and welcome to AoS. I think Diamond 10.1s are really excellent small speakers - my partner has them and they always impress. Using a sub to get more bandwidth sounds like a good move.