Audiologica
25-03-2013, 11:37
Stunning new DAC30 from Primare now available at Audiologica

01403 789 226

We will not be beaten on price or customer service

http://www.primare.co.uk/primare_dac_30.html

Some very good reviews:

http://www.primare.net/product.asp?ProductID=56&d=4

The DAC 30 is a fully balanced high performance 24bit /192kHz stereo DAC designed to render the best possible audio quality from computer-based high resolution music files, upgrade existing high-end players like the CD31 and transform the sound of set-top boxes and gemes consoles . Equipped with a wide array of inputs including asynchronous USB-B, stereo balanced AES EBU and three pairs of S/PDIF coaxial and TOSLINK connectors, the DAC30 uses the processing engine of the celebrated Primare BD32 universal player to convert and convey very low distortion analogue signals to a high quality music system via a pair of balanced XLR and single-ended RCA outputs. There is also a S/PDIF digital output.

Audiologica
17-05-2013, 14:52
Available at www.audiologica.co.uk/primare

01403 789 226

This superb machine has been garnering several top reviews across the globe:

DAC30 : Reviews

Hi Fi News (UK), February 2013
Reviewer John Bamford says “With Primare’s DAC30 in the replay chain, using its asynchronous USB output, I was utterly blown away by the playback of a 24bit/96kHz file of a recording by Norwegian pianist Helge Lien…the transient attack of the keyboard notes was startlingly real, the natural decay of the reverb creating a palpable image of a piano at the end of my room as my monitors seemed to ‘disappear’…This is a great sounding D-to-A converter that can be strongly recommended for audiophiles looking for a straightforward-in-use DAC for a high resolution computer audio system setup.”

Hi Fi Plus (UK), February 2013
Editor Alan Sircom has listened to many DACs at the price point but none has the "grace, poise and bass" of our converter. In February's issue he says: "The Arcam is clean and detailed and has its sights firmly set on the highest possible resolution, possibly more than is needed from a two-grand DAC. The April Music Eximus is all about expanse and midrange. The Naim DAC is all about temporal precision and the Ayre’s leading edge accuracy all make their cases well. The Primare has the grace and the bass. For myself, I’m finding this to be perhaps the best balance of the lot…Amid a lot of exceptional DACs at the price, the Primare DAC30 is an exceptional DAC. The bass energy and depth, the refinement, the precision of the converter makes it a perfect addition to the pantheon of upmarket converters. This one’s a real keeper.”
Please find full review in downloads section.

Stereo Prestige & Image, France No76
T. Gluzman and P. Vercher said; "We have extended our listening to several days,rediscovering many files with the DAC30. While comparing the CD media with those decoded by this converter, we found that it clearly goes much further in the precise decoding of the digital stream. Unless you are completely deaf, it is instantly noticeable because the difference is really striking, not only in relation to other digital decoders in this price category where the DAC30 knocks out everyone but also in the upper price category where it pushes out the established references. The DAC30 reconciles both the analogue and digital worlds so that interpretations find their true musicality. At this price, this is a real bargain."
Please find full review in downloads section.