PDA

View Full Version : Obligatory Hello :)

skimminstones
24-03-2013, 16:31
Just found this forum mainly through browsing around at dac reviews and reading up on some of the beresford products.

Mainly into a bit of 80s/90s indie music although i do enjoy a bit of 70s too. Apart from Bloc Party i cant think of that many bands in the last 7-8 years ive developed any interest in so i guess at nearly 40 yrs old ive reached that age where "music now isnt as good as my day" :D

Ive got a probably moderate system consisting of a Nad C320BEE amp, Monitor audio BR2 speakers and pretty much all my music is now stored on a computer and played through a Squeezebox classic V3 although i do have a marantz cd63se cd player and a project II turntable but convenience means they dont really get used much anymore.

Currently reading up on whether getting a seperate dac would make a significant difference to the squeezebox or not which brings me back to the first line of this post.

So er....hello all :)

MartinT
25-03-2013, 15:46
Hello Keith and welcome to AoS. If your system is resolving enough, then an external DAC, like a Beresford Bushmaster, connected to the Squeezebox/Touch will bring significant gains in sound quality.