PDA

View Full Version : Nordost Heimdall interconnects

petrat
23-03-2013, 16:05
Three sets of Nordost Heimdall analogue interconnects for sale. These are all Rev 1 versions, with original packaging.

1 metre RCA terminated. £150 incl postage in UK.

1.5 metre RCA terminated. £175 incl postage in UK.

1 metre XLR Balanced. £125 incl postage in UK

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff384/petrat56/Petrat%20Hifi/Nordost009_zps67901015.jpg
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff384/petrat56/Petrat%20Hifi/Nordost011_zps38510935.jpg

petrat
27-03-2013, 06:57
When these cables were first introduced, Stereophile wrote (edited for conciseness) ...

In a setting such as this, the superior dielectric would be nothing: a vacuum ... and the next best dielectric is good old-fashioned air. And that's what Nordost built into their Valhalla cable: By helically winding a sort of plastic thread over each individual wire, Nordost ensured that the majority of the conductor's surface was contacted only by air, not the polymer jacket surrounding it. So it goes with the Heimdall line, the newest and the least expensive product to incorporate the same technology as in the Valhalla, which Nordost calls Micro Mono-Filament. The Heimdall cable starts as a 24-gauge, solid-core, oxygen-free copper conductor, over which a 60µm layer of pure silver is extruded. The silver surface is polished, and a thin monofilament made of a polymer called fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP) is wound around it. The Heimdall interconnect uses 26-gauge conductors and there are four of them. That bundle is wrapped with a braided shield of the usual sort, then covered with another FEP jacket (outside diameter: 0.15"). The interconnects are marked for direction, and the shield is connected only at the source end. For unbalanced cables, the standard Heimdall connectors are gold-plated versions of the excellent WBT Nexgen RCA plugs; XLRs with gold-plated contacts are a $30 option, for use with balanced electronics.

I have owned these interconnects since new. They are exceedingly transparent and detailed, with a nice neutral tone and none of the 'brightness' that I experienced with Nordost's earlier ribbon interconnects. These are top quality items, which are a give-away at this price.

petrat
03-04-2013, 13:48
1m RCA provisionally sold.

petrat
06-04-2013, 09:33
1 metre RCA/phono interconnect now sold.
I'm away from the Internet for a week.
Back on 13th.

hertz22
08-04-2013, 22:00
PM sent about XLR

StanleyB
08-04-2013, 22:10
When these cables were first introduced, Stereophile wrote (edited for conciseness) ...

In a setting such as this, the superior dielectric would be nothing: a vacuum ... and the next best dielectric is good old-fashioned air.
As any RF cable designer would tell you, the above statement is not backed up by real life facts.
TV coax cable has an aircore dielectric. This is however not good enough for satellite cables. The latter have a foam based dielectric instead. So the foam is obviously a far better dielectric compared to air.

By the way, a vacuum is devoid of air. So that's another one for Stereophile to chew on.

Wakefield Turntables
09-04-2013, 07:41
By the way, a vacuum is devoid of air. So that's another one for Stereophile to chew on.

nicely picked out. It just goes to show how much smoke and mirrors goes on in this hobby, science is what we need!

petrat
13-04-2013, 16:05
Yeah, well ... maybe quoting a hifi journalist wasn't the best idea I ever had ... however, these interconnects are actually rather good, and the point I was trying to make is for a relatively lowly price, you do get a taste of the similarly constructed, and cosmically priced, Valhalla jobbies.

petrat
13-04-2013, 20:06
1.5 metre RCA/phono interconnect now SOLD.

petrat
14-04-2013, 07:06
PM sent about XLR

PM sent yesterday, Kostas. Please respond if still interested. Thanks!

petrat
15-04-2013, 22:34
XLR 1 metre provisionally sold.