PDA

View Full Version : Something solid XF stands

Undarra
21-03-2013, 18:15
Hi

Was wondering if anybody had any experience of these stands, especially with harbeths. I have c7-es3s and wondered if they'd be better than the Atacama sl500s I'm currently using. Also how stable are they? I gave a curious toddler and want something super stable for safety reasons. Couldn't find a price for them either. I know they're made to measure but thought I might get a ballpark figure for the harbeths at 20" height as it's quite common. Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks, Si

DSJR
21-03-2013, 20:08
For the speakers you have, I can think of no better, although the manufacturer of your speakers tries to debunk the whole "stand" thing altogether :rolleyes:

Too many damned agendas going on with certain manufacturers - you apparently don't get this in pro circles since engineers are apparently only too happy to work together to find solutions!

Eremite
21-03-2013, 21:06
I'm using these with my Harbeth 30.1's. They're nice and stable with a bit of blu tak connecting the speakers to the stands. Mine were about £250, I think.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Tarzan
21-03-2013, 21:38
l used to have a pair under my Harbs ( they came with them) and hated the sight of them, then saw some Skylans stands, brought them and to my earholes these sounded better ( and looked a whole lot better too)- result.:)

hifi_dave
21-03-2013, 21:48
Hi

Was wondering if anybody had any experience of these stands, especially with harbeths. I have c7-es3s and wondered if they'd be better than the Atacama sl500s I'm currently using. Also how stable are they? I gave a curious toddler and want something super stable for safety reasons. Couldn't find a price for them either. I know they're made to measure but thought I might get a ballpark figure for the harbeths at 20" height as it's quite common. Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks, Si

I've been selling them to go under all manner of speakers for ten years or so. They are by far the best I've heard under Harbeths and are quite reasonably priced for what they do. One important point is that they will be built at the height to suit your speakers and you.

As to price, I usually provide them FOC to my Harbeth customers but as a stand alone, £250, carriage free.

They are very stable, which is one of the features and there are a couple of ways to make them more so and it doesn't feature a blob of Blutak on the carbon fibre pucks.

Undarra
21-03-2013, 22:12
Thanks for all the feedback. Glad to hear they are stable, I thought they might be because of the outrigger style feet but wanted to make sure. Am intrigued by your comments hifi dave as to how to make them even more secure! As for the perfect height I presume this is to get the tweeter to ear height from a seated position? I'm still not sold on the looks but everything else seems to make them the right choice.

Alex_UK
21-03-2013, 22:31
Am intrigued by your comments hifi dave as to how to make them even more secure!

I know how he rolls...

http://www.chooseglmgroup.com/blog/Lists/Photos/Hammer%20and%20Nail.gif

http://britfa.gs/uhu/src/124577719595.jpg

:D

daytona600
22-03-2013, 00:03
Great stands i supply them free with my stirling broadcast BBC monitors
should gel nicely with the harbeths , outriggers good for stability as well

hifi_dave
22-03-2013, 18:22
Thanks for all the feedback. Glad to hear they are stable, I thought they might be because of the outrigger style feet but wanted to make sure. Am intrigued by your comments hifi dave as to how to make them even more secure! As for the perfect height I presume this is to get the tweeter to ear height from a seated position? I'm still not sold on the looks but everything else seems to make them the right choice.

You soon forget the looks as, being constructed from small section steel, they virtually disappear from sight.

You need to measure your ear height when seated and then calculate the stand height to get the tweeter at ear level.