PDA

View Full Version : Just Can't Help Myself

The Grand Wazoo
21-03-2013, 09:00
Sometimes I get an overwhelming need to play something - a single track, often over and over a few times.
I once posted on AoS that I had to play 'Swords of A Thousand Men' by Tenpole Tudor. God knows why....I don't own it....hadn't heard it for about 20 years and never even particularly went much on it when it was a single in the charts. Weird!

This morning I was out walking the dog and the lyrics of 'Overnight Bag' by Rory Gallagher just appeared in my mind - whoosh - out nowhere.
I got home and have been playing it ever since - I'm on about the 5th or 6th repeat now.

....and late for work!

jV3GVsECenw eBT2zHQyheo

Irrational desires to play one track over & over again. Anyone else?

jollyfix
21-03-2013, 09:44
For me today its the Bell bird again, just puts a smile on my face. I am on the 6th repeat play now. The vid is off the track i'm listening to, but with out the talking before or during the song.

iUsYEKloh6Y

julesd68
21-03-2013, 09:56
I once had a neighbour who obviously wasn't quite playing with a full deck - she would play "Gangsta's Paradise" by Coolio on repeat for 5 or 6 hours at a time, and loud. The irony of it was apparently she was a nurse! Used to drive us absolutely nuts, especially when trying to sleep! :eek:

Barry
21-03-2013, 11:46
Haha - know what you mean.
I had a bit of a fixation with The Smiths' "How Soon is Now?". Not so much for the rather banal lyrics, but for Johnny Marr's 'Bo Diddley'esque' guitar playing.

9VANodra7O0

Good call re. Rory Gallagher - think I'll play some now. :)

johnwhit
21-03-2013, 11:58
Got a fixation with Florence and the Machine - Shake it out:mental: lately, but only when I'm driving. I must take time to listen to the whole album:rolleyes:

John

Bazil
21-03-2013, 12:20
La Woman - The Doors and it keeps coming back every 2 or 3 months.

MartinT
22-03-2013, 07:11
I know exactly what you mean, Chris. I had a sudden urge for some Morcheeba this morning...

--wy8QmLlM8

Thing Fish
22-03-2013, 08:43
Happens several time to me.

Latest is Salinas by Laura Marling.

SmLCm-0TgSI

Firebottle
22-03-2013, 08:57
The one I get the urge to play and play is Little Wing by Stevie Ray Vaughan.
I could leave it on repeat all day.

:cool:Alan

MartinT
22-03-2013, 09:59
Have you tried Sting's version of Little Wing? It's also very good, with an excellent guitar solo by Hiram Bullock.

spotify:track:6mLnErNJ6pUCAfMcSIcnka

shane
22-03-2013, 10:16
Last time it happened to me it was this:

TCChSGtnjgk

Lasted most of last summer, and drove the rest of the family nuts.