PDA

View Full Version : Themanfrommingdaagain.....with photos

Malvern Audio Research
19-03-2013, 14:29
Hi again..
Hi all,

I am mark from "Ming Da Valve Audio"...

Aside from the Welcome intro...

I use as my everyday system, the Ming da MC5-S, 5 channel Valves for movies fed from an Onkyo pre, Plus switched into 2 ch for stereo then fed with MD7-SE Chorus pre-amp. A Leak Troughline(Mk3) inc. home brew decoder, original Technics SL1500Mk2.....(must get a better arm ,any suggestions please?) with Goldring 1024 cart! TDL RTL 3's all round plus TDL centre speaker.
http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u618/themanfrommingda/Homesetuptake2_zpse89197a4.jpg

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u618/themanfrommingda/Cuteangle2_zps8d5628f0.jpg

I love music from all areas, Glenn Miller, via Deep Purple, Genesis and through to Caro Emerald and on who knows where! Plus a great lump of classical, orchestral, Organ symphonies....in fact anything with a good tune!!

best to all and hope to chat with you soon....

Mark

Thing Fish
19-03-2013, 14:35
Hi Mark and welcome...:wave: Nice setup. I bet that amp looks nice lit up at night...:)

Malvern Audio Research
19-03-2013, 14:38
Hi Dave thank you..

You don't need heating either, with all on and the Plasma! about 1Kw all in...hehehe

Mark

Firebottle
19-03-2013, 15:58
Hi Mark, nice looking system, and sounding great I'm sure.

Malvern is one of my favourite towns, I used to come over occasionally for a good real ale beer, and I proposed to my wife on the malverns :eyebrows:

Cheers :cool:Alan

JimC
19-03-2013, 17:32
Wow,

that Power Amp looks amazing.

What do you do at Mingda? Are you in the design section? I feel lots of questions coming your way if so!!

Regards,

James.

Malvern Audio Research
19-03-2013, 18:54
Hi first to Allan,

Yes Malvern is the DB's, you have great taste in proposal sites then!!

If ever you are passing, always welcome!

And to Jim

Well, We basically market the product from China...BUT we also have designed some new Phono stages, which are in Prototype form. Secondly we do upgrade and improvements on the stock amplifiers. Before sale, but also we are feeding back suggestions and improvements, some of which do go into production!
I try to visit the factory twice a year, as not only is it good to spend time at the factory on the shop floor and get a bit more involved there, but I also love visiting China!!..no brainer really!
But if you have questions, just ask as maybe Phil or I can maybe answer, and maybe even answer correctly!!:lol:!

Mark

ps...thanks for the compliments!

ppat2
20-03-2013, 03:26
Hi Mark,

Yes, welcome. Wow, that Ming Da amp is beautiful, and makes my Air Tight ATM-1 look truly puny!

My amp puts out a lot of heat, yours must be cookin', but with all that open space must help. Nice system with a great layout, lots of room to breathe.

How would you characterize the sound?

Malvern Audio Research
21-03-2013, 11:14
Hmm..... well as for the sound, the Stereo channel are very similar to our MC368-BSE, as in reality it is 2 and half of them...

The sounds is just lovely Valve and punchy, lots of powerful push pull! Lots of clarity in the mids, Typical PP with grunt!

I do honestly prefer put 805 Monoblcks, but 5 of them in a row is a bit OTT!!And a lot more expensive to buy and to run!! Also not quite enough power really for movies!

But we have something even more punchy coming soon....hehehe:lol:

Mark