PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Buckinghamshire

ListeningEar
18-03-2013, 21:53
Greetings!

I am a long time collector, builder, repairer of audio equipment of all types. For a short time (2003/4) I was also a distributor in the UK of high-end audio products but due to bad health had to give up running the business.

I have no preference to solid state or valve, and I certainly have no interest in system bragging or brands, not to mention the shallow world of those who put emphasis on material possessions.

However, I do love to talk about and listen to all types of audio systems, I love music of all types, I amassed a vinyl collection of over 10,000 records (no 7" please haha) but have been selling it off over past few years on three well known music web sites, so now am down to about 5000 records.

I have a passion for all types of electronic music and anything obscure, I actually DJ'd for many years from 1981 (club DJ) but like any good DJ we are collector-holics lol!

My audio nirvana is making a system disappear into a room and the music to come alive, I like large detailed sound stages with exquisite timbre.

I am not a keyboard warrior and and not one to force an opinion, if you like the music and how it sound son your system that's all that matters ;)

I'm still buying and selling audio equipment on a very small scale as my health permits, I also do a little IT support for friends businesses and of course sell music online (I still buy the odd collection now and again,...but if you want to contact me regarding buying your vinyl I will tell you what I tell everyone,...CONDITION IS EVERYTHING).

Barry
23-03-2013, 22:39
Welcome to AoS Craig,

I think you'll find that here on AoS we do not 'brag' about our audio systems ('willy waving' is most definitely frowned upon), nor are we impressed by those who place emphasis on material possessions.

10,000 LPs - now down to 5,000! :eek: Well, we do have some members who have a similar amount of LPs, but it is a sizable collection by all accounts. Apart from electronic music and "anything obscure" what are your tastes in music.

Enjoy the forum

MartinT
05-04-2013, 06:56
Fantastic, Craig! Welcome to AoS. I can't really imagine what a collection of 10,000 records looks like, I struggle with just a couple of thousand. So despite not wanting to brand brag, what equipment are you using?

DSJR
05-04-2013, 10:50
Hi Craig and welcome to the madhouse. I used to drive through Olney regularly when we lived not far away..... What gear do you currently run?

walpurgis
05-04-2013, 11:32
Hi Craig, you'll like it here.

You'll have to put up with some of the others, they can be a bit odd (joking).

Used to do a bit of DJing myself, with the original Judge Dread and Chalkie White about 1978 (a lifetime ago).

Geoff.

trio leo
05-04-2013, 12:06
Hi Craig,

Welcome to AoS, 5,000 records wow! that's some collection.
lots of vinyl lovers here, enjoy your music

regards Al