PDA

View Full Version : Holy Smoke - thought vinyl prices are high but !

Audioman
18-03-2013, 13:30
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLEETWOOD-MAC-RUMOURS-RECORD-VINYL-LP-HAND-ETCHED-MATRIX-BURBANK-UK-PRESS-/281073733527?_trksid=p5713.m2062&_trkparms=aid%3D555001%26algo%3DPW.CURRENT%26ao%3D 1%26asc%3D26%26meid%3D6330597528936745676%26pid%3D 100042%26prg%3D1010%26rk%3D9%26sd%3D151001867168%2 6

Looks like a bog standard minty Rumours original - now I will have to keep mine under strict security. :eek:

Rare Bird
18-03-2013, 13:32
I literally smashed one of those to pieces once upon a time because i was sick of hearing the other half playing it all the time :steam:

Thing Fish
18-03-2013, 13:36
I literally smashed one of those to pieces once upon a time because i was sick of hearing the other half playing it all the time :steam:

:lol:

Audioman
18-03-2013, 14:24
The daft thing is that you can get the Hoffman and Grey remaster on 45 rpm discs for a fraction of that price. Wonder if there is anyone stupid enough to cough up for it.

daytona600
30-03-2013, 20:01
smashed my sisters copy to bits as well , she only had two records at the time
other one was bat out of hell , smashed that as well
agree new 45rpm hoffmann version better for 30quid

DSJR
30-03-2013, 20:10
The CD remaster is cheaper still ;)

Rare Bird
30-03-2013, 20:16
Dave:
Ive been listerning to a lot of Vinyl today that i also have on CDee! i'm sorry say there be no comparison, never again will i be listerning to CDee..

WOStantonCS100
30-03-2013, 23:02
I suspect we will be seeing a lot of this in the future as some folks who bought vinyl primarily as an investment try to make their money back. Unfortunately, the quality of reissues steadily gets better and they keep reaching back into the catalog (not to mention some folks gladly ditch their originals for better mastered versions placing more reasonably priced originals up for grabs)... ...which makes listings like this... laughable.

YNWaN
30-03-2013, 23:27
The CD remaster is cheaper still ;)

And even more satisfying to smash up :D

Andrei
31-03-2013, 00:50
A few years ago a young busker was playing a small portable organ outside my office. That was the bad news. And now for the bad news: He was a pretty poor player. And now for the bad news: His entire repertoire consisted of 'Chariots of Fire'. Now I consider myself a pretty reasonable chap, and can tolerate my share of air pollution. But the bad news in this case was that this little bugger was there to stay. Like ... you know, 'in for the long haul' - that sort of stuff. After another hour I could take no more and decided to step outside and assert myself. With all the politeness I could muster I asked him if he would not mind moving on further up the street where his talents were sure to be appreciated more than they were outside my office. At this point I must emphasize - nay insist - that you accept me at my word that I was a paragon of politeness. It was at this point that things went from bad to worse. Unbeknown to me the sole spectator he had was his grandfather, who heard my request. I think he interpreted my suggestion as being along the lines of "If you don't F off right now I will smash that organ to pieces". Maybe there was something in the tone of my voice ... maybe, well I just don't know. Nek minute I felt an almighty shove from behind as grandad started pushing me around saying (and I swear this is true) 'hey you, leave that kid alone' !! The net result was that I had to run off with my tail between my legs.

The moral of the story is just to let you know you have my sympathy.

PS The brat was back the next day but I got my revenge, but that is another story.

DSJR
31-03-2013, 22:11
Dave:
Ive been listerning to a lot of Vinyl today that i also have on CDee! i'm sorry say there be no comparison, never again will i be listerning to CDee..

In THIS case I just may have a point since UK pressings of this album were as dull and bland as ditchwater... Can't really listen to it now in any format, since I played it to death at the time and Tusk has more musical meaning for me in any case apart from "Dreams."

Rare Bird
31-03-2013, 22:42
tbh: I find LP's that sounded a bit dull to me years ago do not in any ways sound dull now! :scratch: I think im cured alright :yay:

Macca
31-03-2013, 22:48
Dave:

Andre I know where you are coming from. Had a long session yesterday listening from about 1600 to 2300 so seven hours, after 5 hours swapped to vinyl , and my TT set up is nothing special, but man is there something there in that sound that digital just does not do? No question in my mind. It may be just second harmonic distortion but whatever it is it sounds 'right'.