PDA

View Full Version : Jcube Storage

JCUBE
17-03-2013, 21:29
Hi to everyone, my name is Jamie and i have recently set up a business creating modular record storage cubes and units. I only use MDF and solid woods using a finger jointed construction. Any feedback you may have on my products would be greatly appreciated. Also any ideas of future product ideas you may have i would love to know.

Thanks Jamie

Dingdong
17-03-2013, 21:36
Nice. Could you do one in solid wood. Just two cubes, one on top of the other. Pm me a price if you want.

synsei
17-03-2013, 21:41
Hi Jamie and welcome to AoS. I wondered whether you might be open to bespoke work? I have a pair of Celestion County speakers which are in need of new cabinets, the current ones were destroyed by a courier firm. Would you be willing and able to take on such a job?

MCRU
18-03-2013, 18:29
Hi to everyone, my name is Jamie and i have recently set up a business creating modular record storage cubes and units. I only use MDF and solid woods using a finger jointed construction. Any feedback you may have on my products would be greatly appreciated. Also any ideas of future product ideas you may have i would love to know.

Thanks Jamie

best way for some positive feedback is to maybe send a couple of samples out to members to look at, or use to comment on construction and usability?

people need to be told what to buy these days, recommendation is king!

JCUBE
18-03-2013, 19:01
Hi Jamie and welcome to AoS. I wondered whether you might be open to bespoke work? I have a pair of Celestion County speakers which are in need of new cabinets, the current ones were destroyed by a courier firm. Would you be willing and able to take on such a job?

Good Evening Synsei,
Work like this always interests me. This is well within my capabilities. What you looking to have it made from?

Cheers Jamie

Marco
18-03-2013, 19:04
...people need to be told what to buy these days...

Lol... Only if you're incapable of thinking for yourself (or trusting your own ears) and so need your own 'guru'! ;)

Otherwise, I wholeheartedly agree with the rest of your post.

Marco.

JCUBE
18-03-2013, 19:09
best way for some positive feedback is to maybe send a couple of samples out to members to look at, or use to comment on construction and usability?

people need to be told what to buy these days, recommendation is king!

So far the feedback has been great, The only way i am growing is through recommendation and giving the odd cube away. I agree (recommendation is king!) great website by the way.

Cheers Jamie

synsei
18-03-2013, 20:48
Good Evening Synsei,
Work like this always interests me. This is well within my capabilities. What you looking to have it made from?

Cheers Jamie

Well Jamie, if money were no object then I would choose Birch Ply, but that is not the case so MDF would probably be my weapon of choice. Can you offer finishes such as veneer too, or would that be down to me?

JCUBE
25-03-2013, 21:35
I am the only person selling my cubes so if any one is looking to buy some jcube's please feel free to contact me. All my cubes are finger jointed and will never show a straight joint. Look what i found this is not me. and he has never contacted me.

http://www.popsike.com/Oak-Veneered-12LP-Vinyl-Record-Storage-Case-LP12/4752436585.html :lol:

if any one else starts selling my cubes it will be on my say so i will do my upmost to let people no i will also include the information on my website. Due to be launched!:)

Alex_UK
25-03-2013, 21:37
Cheeky gits - I hope you'll be having a strong word Jamie, though I suppose it is difficult to do much about it through the internet...

JCUBE
25-03-2013, 21:51
Got to be a good thing using my name but there product is lame veneered s**t. sorry got to be harsh as it has got to me a little grrrrrrrrrr.

Barry
27-03-2013, 15:11
Whilst I was expecting delivery today of two double J CUBES I bought off eBay, I was somewhat taken aback when the courier arrived and asked me to help him with a large wooden packing case! Yes folks, these storage units were packed in a most substantial wooden box. It took me about 25 minutes to remove all 36 screws to completely dismantle the packing case.

So what of the units themselves? Well I have to say that the standard of workmanship and the ‘fit and finish’ (nicely ‘rounded’ edges), is absolutely first class given the price asked. I can see myself needing another five cubes in the not too distant future.

The units I bought were unfinished MDF. Jamie can you recommend a light coloured wood stain I could treat them with: something like a beech colour. How much would you charge for veneered cubes?

So, this is very positive feedback from me. Many thanks Jamie – I’m delighted with your products.

Now I shall spend an interesting hour or so getting rid of the piles of records leaning against walls and store them away properly!

realysm42
27-03-2013, 15:29
Looking forward to my secret project coming to fruitition...

JCUBE
27-03-2013, 20:05
Looking forward to my secret project coming to fruitition...

Wood delivered today keep me busy over easter..........:)

JCUBE
27-03-2013, 20:22
Whilst I was expecting delivery today of two double J CUBES I bought off eBay, I was somewhat taken aback when the courier arrived and asked me to help him with a large wooden packing case! Yes folks, these storage units were packed in a most substantial wooden box. It took me about 25 minutes to remove all 36 screws to completely dismantle the packing case.

So what of the units themselves? Well I have to say that the standard of workmanship and the ‘fit and finish’ (nicely ‘rounded’ edges), is absolutely first class given the price asked. I can see myself needing another five cubes in the not too distant future.

How much would you charge for veneered cubes?

So, this is very positive feedback from me. Many thanks Jamie – I’m delighted with your products.

So glad to hear of your positive feedback. Unfortunately i am steering clear of veneers, But please bear in mind my solid storage cubes. Making a lovely piece of furniture also the lovely lady of the house might quite like this one for her lounge.:eyebrows:

Thanks again for your well valued custom.