PDA

View Full Version : Hi Fi music / musician music ?

Audio Al
13-03-2013, 12:49
Hi Fi music / musician music

May sound a strange title !

We all love to listen to music , but do we have any musician's on the forum ?

I have always longed to be able to play something but alas in my days at school , music was just percussion, we all say around banging Cymbals drums and triangles, making a god awful noise :doh:

How I admire people who can pick up a guitar and just play or sit at a piano / keyboard and run off a tune , marvelous

O well back to listening to other people ;)

Rare Bird
13-03-2013, 12:56
yep keyboards.

Macca
13-03-2013, 12:59
Geetar - not very good, though.

jollyfix
13-03-2013, 13:40
Drums ( yes , someone who plays the drums is a musician), Gob iron, and dabble in Cajun melodeon.
I grew up in a musical family, my dad was a well known drummer, my mum played keys.
The more i look back on my childhood i realize how lucky i was. There was always music playing, weather live or recored stuff, as a young child being taken to gigs and seeing musicians like Buddy Rich just made my want to play an instrument.
My teenage years i would return home with my latest vinyl purchase, the ole man would turn off the telly and turn the radiogram on so we could all have a listen. Morecambe and wise turned off, Hawkwind turned on and played loud.
I was encouraged to listen and play music all the time. Going to recording studios as a kid could be quite boring and smelly due to foot odour (21 piece big band all with shoes off so the mic wouldn't pick up their tapping feet), but it made me want to learn more.

Rare Bird
13-03-2013, 14:07
As you mentioned Hawkwind, that reminded me i was watching a good video of Ginger Bakers couple weeks ago showing drum routines, he's still a brilliant drummer.

jollyfix
13-03-2013, 14:18
My mates kid went to see him play in Bristol start of this month, said he was good.

chelsea
13-03-2013, 14:26
I know gromit plays a lot.

RichB
13-03-2013, 15:15
Bass player here

Firebottle
13-03-2013, 15:26
Learning to play the tenor sax, at about level 1.

:cool:

Alex_UK
13-03-2013, 15:45
Violinist at school, then moved on to self-taught keyboards and guitar. But not very well. Was much more interested in the recording/sequencing/computer side of it, though I would have loved to have been able to sing - I can't carry a tune in a bucket!

Thing Fish
13-03-2013, 16:04
Played guitar since the age or 10 and in bands around the London circuit for about 12 years.

Funnily enough not played for the last few years. Just lost interest. Don't know why...:scratch:

I still teach a bit here and there just to help friends get started.

keiths
13-03-2013, 16:05
Guitar mainly. And a bit of mandolin and clarinet. Not very good.

John
13-03-2013, 16:34
Used to play guitar Inspirations Django, Al Di Meola, Hendrix and Shawn Lane
But have not played for a good few years
Wish I had the talent to match my dedication

Gmanuk101
14-03-2013, 12:28
I strum and finger pick along to the odd tune from Radiohead to James Taylor