PDA

View Full Version : Meddle 180g LP or other Pink Floyd 180g LPs

Tarzan
11-03-2013, 20:43
Hi all, can anybody point me to a reputable shop/ supplier for these LPs, thanks:)

Rare Bird
11-03-2013, 21:24
Meddle 180grm! Only heavy weighs i know of it were Japanese isshews..

daytona600
13-03-2013, 05:56
Hi all, can anybody point me to a reputable shop/ supplier for these LPs, thanks:)
vinyl have or can order
wish you where here , the wall , dsotm , london 66-67

Audioman
13-03-2013, 13:17
Meddle has never had a 180g reissue. There are the recent EMI reissues of Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Where Here and The Wall. If you can still find a copy the 30th Anniversary (2003) DSOTM is better than the new reissue.

For the new reissues and 'London 66/67' Diverse Vinyl should stock them.

http://www.diversevinyl.com/search.options.php?action=search&artist=pink+floyd&title=&label=&kw=&cat=&rs=100

30th DSOTM OOP and getting pricey.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Side-The-Moon-Anniversary/dp/B00008AWNY

Tarzan
13-03-2013, 13:44
Thanks all, so will Meddle ever get a 180g release- was going to be a nice present for someone.:(

Rare Bird
13-03-2013, 14:03
Um fingers crossed..
Yes please to: 'Piper At The Gates Of Dawn', 'A Saucerful Of Secrets', 'More', 'Ummagumma', 'Atom Heart Mother', 'Meddle' & 'Obscured By Clouds' on new 180g..

keiths
13-03-2013, 15:25
Other than those mentioned so far and some Japanese pressings, the only other Floyd available on 180g pressings are:

Echoes - The Best Of Pink Floyd: 4 x 180g LPs. Comes up on eBay and Discogs from time to time at around the £60+ mark. I had a copy but mine were a little noisy - don't know if they all were.

Pulse: 4 x 180g LPs. All analogue recordings and very, very good indeed. Excellent pressings, but silly money these days (£250+) and I very much regret letting my copy go for £100ish a few years ago :doh:

'97 Vinyl Collection: 8 x 180g LPs. Piper/Relics/Atom Heart/Dark Side/WYWH/Animals/Wall. Early copies were incorrectly pressed on 130g vinyl instead of 180g. I had both and sold both for a song a few years back. Not great pressings and, again, silly money (£350+) these days.

Of course early pressings of the first few albums were on heavy vinyl as all LPs were back then.

Audioman
13-03-2013, 16:30
Other than those mentioned so far and some Japanese pressings, the only other Floyd available on 180g pressings are:

Echoes - The Best Of Pink Floyd: 4 x 180g LPs. Comes up on eBay and Discogs from time to time at around the £60+ mark. I had a copy but mine were a little noisy - don't know if they all were.

Pulse: 4 x 180g LPs. All analogue recordings and very, very good indeed. Excellent pressings, but silly money these days (£250+) and I very much regret letting my copy go for £100ish a few years ago :doh:

'97 Vinyl Collection: 8 x 180g LPs. Piper/Relics/Atom Heart/Dark Side/WYWH/Animals/Wall. Early copies were incorrectly pressed on 130g vinyl instead of 180g. I had both and sold both for a song a few years back. Not great pressings and, again, silly money (£350+) these days.

Of course early pressings of the first few albums were on heavy vinyl as all LPs were back then.

Pulse - went through several copies before getting a good set - many had pressing flaws. Worth having a good one and is in Q Sound.

97 vinyl collection - the insanity of collectors and ebay - This has a bad reputation and from poor digital sources. To confuse matters there was an EMI 100th Anniversary DSOTM at about the same time though not sure if this was analogue sourced or not.

Rare Bird
13-03-2013, 18:23
There was a 90's remastered vinyl collection of the first seven albums on 180grm (late edition of the set)..

keiths
13-03-2013, 18:43
There was a 90's remastered vinyl collection of the first seven albums on 180grm (late edition of the set)..

André, that's the "'97 Vinyl Collection" mentioned above (it's not the first 7 albums, it's Piper, Relics, Atom Heart, DSotM, WYWH, Animals & The Wall)

To confuse matters there was an EMI 100th Anniversary DSOTM at about the same time though not sure if this was analogue sourced or not.

I had the EMI 100 DSotM - it was better than the '97 remaster (I suspect it was from the analogue tapes), but again I struggled to get a quiet pressing - which was a bit strange as all the other EMI 100 LPs I bought (including Kate Bush - Kick Inside, Jethro Tull - Stand Up and Genesis - Selling England...) were pretty good.

Rare Bird
13-03-2013, 20:47
André, that's the "'97 Vinyl Collection" mentioned above (it's not the first 7 albums, it's Piper, Relics, Atom Heart, DSotM, WYWH, Animals & The Wall)

:doh: jeez thats my street cred down the sink, god know what i was thinking...