PDA

View Full Version : F-ing ebay users !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audio Al
10-03-2013, 14:40
Rant time :steam:

I am bidding on a pair of speakers on ebay

Put in a very realistic first bid , hoping to win

3 day later I get out bid , O well , that's me out :( , not willing to bid any higher

Today I get a email from ebay saying I am now the highest bidder again due to a bid retraction :scratch:

And looking at the bid history reason for retraction " my son bid on them by mistake " :doh:
So now everyone knows my maximum bid :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am expecting to be outbid again or snipe'd with 2 seconds to go :steam:

Don't you just love ebay AAAaaaaaaaaaaaa :steam:

synsei
10-03-2013, 15:26
It is the nature of the beast Al, although I realise that is no consolation for you... :(

Rare Bird
10-03-2013, 15:52
If your not happy & it's 12 hours before auction end you can cancel your bids too. You should have checked the seller out first.

Audio Al
10-03-2013, 16:17
If your not happy & it's 12 hours before auction end you can cancel your bids too. You should have checked the seller out first.

The seller is fine 100% feedback , it was the bidder , low feedback score :(

Audio Al
10-03-2013, 16:19
It is the nature of the beast Al, although I realise that is no consolation for you... :(

Dave . I understand the beast side of it :steam:

Will let it run and see what happens , I will probably now get outbid :(

Thing Fish
10-03-2013, 16:25
Never say never...;)

Rare Bird
10-03-2013, 16:33
The only thing you have to watch out for is in my experience people have placed a bid just to see how much it take to outbid, cancel then later rebid accordingly. When i feel that may happen, i cancel & walk away.

Tim
10-03-2013, 16:49
The lesson to learn here is to never bid early, all you are doing is bumping up the price ;)

synsei
10-03-2013, 16:51
Yup indeed, I always wait until the final seconds before I put in what I am prepared to pay. Doesn't always work but hey, them's the breaks ;)

Rare Bird
10-03-2013, 16:54
That's it ive eventually mastered the 2 secs before bidding :eyebrows:

But ive seen where an auction doesnt see a bid all week it sometimes gets took off because someone offered them a price to do so generally cos the seller thinks they won't get much for it if someone eventually does bid. What i do now is offer seller a price just to test see if they go for the bait & would actually take it off :eyebrows:

synsei
10-03-2013, 16:56
Me too André, that's how I got my previous kit such as the Audiolab 8000c and Rogers LS55's at such a good price... :D

Rare Bird
10-03-2013, 20:15
:) don't you just love my shit grammar & lack of punctuation :lol:

Audio Al
11-03-2013, 01:50
Much to my surprise

I won the auction :carrot::carrot::carrot::yay::yay::yay:

Thing Fish
11-03-2013, 01:59
See...:D

Audio Al
11-03-2013, 02:03
See...:D

I see :lol::lol:

sparrow
11-03-2013, 09:52
I sometimes bid on something then immediatly realise I dont want it..am always well chuffed when I get out bid...daft I know. I don't buy as much off e bay as I used to but since discovering it have spent tens of thousands of pounds..And have picked up LP's and CD's that I could never have found anywhere else.

Audioman
12-03-2013, 23:22
Sign up with a sniping site and place your max bid there. Then sit back and relax.

walpurgis
12-03-2013, 23:36
Sign up with a sniping site and place your max bid there. Then sit back and relax.

I've been using the Goofbid (formerly Goofbay) eBay sniper for years.

Mike - H
13-03-2013, 09:35
I've been using the Goofbid (formerly Goofbay) eBay sniper for years.

I grabbed some DM 4s using that for the first time last night. Cheap as chips and just down the road from me, well chuffed

Thing Fish
13-03-2013, 09:47
I always use 'Bidmate' (similar to Goofbid) It's worked every time so far...:)

The Grand Wazoo
13-03-2013, 19:43
I use my impeccable judgement and finely honed sense of timing. Works for me!

Alex_UK
13-03-2013, 20:13

Me too. Until I have too much wine and fall asleep with 2 minutes to go! :doh:

The Grand Wazoo
13-03-2013, 20:28
That's not such a bad tactic for a man who wakes up in the morning to find he's bought a classic American car!

Jonboy
13-03-2013, 20:34

Me too, its all down to how much you or someone else are prepared to pay that wins in the end, i used snipers and still lost so i just give a good bid in the last few seconds and hope for the best and that the computer dosn't freeze as its done before now

Rare Bird
13-03-2013, 20:38
Me too. Until I have too much wine and fall asleep with 2 minutes to go! :doh:

:lolsign: Ive done that more than once

nat8808
13-03-2013, 20:48
Yeah, snipe and walk away... then hit yourself around the head when you wonder why you sniped so low when after some extra research you realise you would have paid more had you been thinking straight.

Alex_UK
13-03-2013, 20:50
That's not such a bad tactic for a man who wakes up in the morning to find he's bought a classic American car!

Very true - it never happens at the right time, does it? :lol:

The Grand Wazoo
13-03-2013, 20:55
Heh-heh-heh!

walpurgis
13-03-2013, 21:46
Me too, its all down to how much you or someone else are prepared to pay that wins in the end, i used snipers and still lost so i just give a good bid in the last few seconds and hope for the best and that the computer dosn't freeze as its done before now

Not sure that's a problem with sniping. The result would be the same if you underbid at the last moment in person. Sniping is handy if you can't be around to bid.

I've been sniping for years and as with normal bidding it's just a matter of judgement. I tend to get it right about 90% of the time, mind you, I have a lot of eBay experience and know the value of my intended purchases.

Jonboy
13-03-2013, 22:13
Not sure that's a problem with sniping. The result would be the same if you underbid at the last moment in person. Sniping is handy if you can't be around to bid.

what i mean is it dosn't matter if you use a snipe or not its all down to the top price paid on the day as with any auction, yes agree snipping is handy when you are otherwise busy,

I much prefer to go to real auctions they really get my adrenalin going used to go to a lot of farm machinery type sales and the odd general auction.