PDA

View Full Version : Evening All

flappy
09-03-2013, 23:00
Hello,
I am a music loving botanist, I have terrible luck with hi-fi equipment, either that or it is all really badly made. I would love a system that lasted more than two years. So i could kick back and enjoy my vinyl collection. Crackling vinyl, whisky, a book and some burning wood is the peak of happiness for me.

Musical tastes... Interpol, Sigur Ros, Tindersticks, Madder Rose, Thom Yorke, Vaughan Williams, Mahler, Smashing Pumpkins, Lambchop, Tori Amos, Sibelius, Benny Goodman.....

As i write this i'm listening to Nina Simone 'Sinnerman'

Greetings, I come in peace

John
10-03-2013, 07:19
Hi Do you have a name
Sorry to hear about your gear Do you mostly buy second hand or new gear?

Marco
10-03-2013, 07:55
Hi "Flappy",

Thanks for popping in and saying hello, as requested. What's your first name? We like proper first names here :)

Marco.

flappy
10-03-2013, 09:02
Hi, Yes my name is Franco.
I have always bought new equipment. Had a marantz amp that went bad, then a denon that lasted just a little longer than the warranty and now I have an onkyo amp that as you will see from my query post in another section is also having issues.
It is always more at the budget end of the market, i can't afford the kind of equipment aficionados go for. But I would love to either a. solve the problem with this amp or b. find a system that will be reliable and sound good.
Cheers