PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone, Audio Virgin........

Bigdogmutley
07-03-2013, 12:03
Hi Guys,

I have joined this thread to get some info on my kit. Over the years I have gathered various bits of equipment from friends and purchases, and I think its time for some organisation.
I enjoy HiFi but do not have a in-depth knowledge and i'm hoping you can point me in the right direction on some of the pieces i have?
Ok, lets get the music tastes out of the way:

Farrokh Bulsara - there was none better......
Neil young, David Bowie, Ray Charles, Rock and Roll..........
The funky years..........Edwin Starr, Billy Ocean and the master himself
Billy Preston
Gypsy Jazz, Django Reindhart and the list goes on.

The kit I have is as follows:

Original Cambridge Audio CD3 (I bought this around 1983)
Cambridge Audio T50 Tuner
Cambridge Audio P50 Amp
Linn Nexus (250 I think)
Nakamichi CR7E

All the above I bought years ago, the next selection was left to me by my dear friend Chris who sadly left us 7 years ago aged 34.
To this day it has never been played or turned on, Harvest Moon sits on the turntable and thats where it will stay until I fire it up.

Linn Sondek LP12
Linn Klyde
Linn Eros
Linn Karik
Linn Lingo
Naim Nap 140
Naim Nap72
Naim Hi-Cap

Epos Speakers

As I explained earlier, I have collected this kit over the years but I am most definitely not an avid enthusiast.
I am considering selling a few bits to consolidate and perhaps buy some smaller speakers to accommodate the fun police.

Thanks

Bigdog

Macca
07-03-2013, 13:19
Hi Paul. What sort of info did you want? Re-sale value?

Puffin
07-03-2013, 17:34
Plug it all in, you might like what you hear.....well not all the stuff all at the same time, but you get my drift:D...if you can't bear to do that then just send it all down to me and i'll tell you if it any good or not.....honest:lol:

Welcome, by the way.

RichB
08-03-2013, 00:00
Your departed friend clearly loved his kit and that set up would have been someones pride and joy. I'd say you owe it to him to at least set it all up and have a day playing some tunes (and perhaps reliving some memories) on it before doing anything else.

Thats what I'd hope my pals would do if I shuffled off early. ;)

Bigdogmutley
08-03-2013, 13:44
Hi Guys,

I am not too interested in selling all of my kit and it does have a higher value to me for reasons given.
I was hoping to get some feedback on the kit as it stands and is it worth selling some of the pieces and consolidating.
I would definitely sell the Nakamichi, I also have a CR4E?
Also the Cambridge can find itself a good home, I have the original manuals also, I saw a post on here where someone was asking for them.
I will scan them in and make them available.

Your'e right though! I should take the time and set up the system and do what we used to do! Bottle of Jack and Led Zep! 35 mins of Moby Dick (JB R.I.P).
I will..........

Thanks for responding

Bigdog