PDA

View Full Version : Tube distinctions power amp.

Ian Walker
30-03-2009, 20:48
For sale is my Tube Distinctions power amp. The amp started out as a dual-mono design Yaqin MC110B which I imported from France.

The MC110B differs from the standard MC100B in that it has uprated transformers for use in Europe. The amp was sent directly to Anthony Mathews at Tube Distinctions in Cardiff, who then stripped it down and rebuilt it .

Work carried out included removing the mains transformers and replacing them with higher quality ones which Anthony had made to his specifications by Majestic transformers. The pre-amp section was removed making it a pure Class A power amp. The four output capacitors were removed and replaced by good quality ones from Epcos. All unwanted sockets and associated wiring was removed leaving just the phono left/right inputs and speaker terminals. The amp was also fitted with a matched quad of cryo treated Svetlana KT88s and a matched set of 6SN7s.

As you can see from the link below, Anthony Matthews is an established and well-respected valve engineer of some considerable repute having produced his designs commercially and into homes and studios with much success. He also received a prestigious Hi-fi Choice award for his 30W Class A Copper amp, the design of which influenced the amp for sale here.

http://www.tubedistinctions.co.uk/first.htm

When I originally imported the amp from France in June last year in its unmodified state I paid £600 for it with JJ Tesla valves and improved casing . I then paid a further £1200 to Anthony for the modifications as described above. The amp is in mint and immaculate condition, so based on this I am asking for £1500 o.n.o, which includes the Svetlana KT88s mentioned above and a set of four NOS 6SN7s.

Ian Walker
05-04-2009, 13:52
Offers considered this great amp.

Ian Walker
07-04-2009, 18:22
AnthonyTD will be happy to answer any questions on this amp.

Ian.

Ian Walker
25-04-2009, 19:37
Anyone fancy a swapsey for something single ended?

Ian.

Ian Walker
09-06-2009, 17:27
Amp now sold thanks.

Looking for a Mcintosh valve amp.

Ian.

Steve Toy
09-06-2009, 18:28
Who's bought it? Anyone we know?

Ian Walker
09-06-2009, 18:39
No Steve,guy called Paul from near Doncaster drove over today to pick it up.