PDA

View Full Version : WTD Acos tonearm bits

rusty bearing
05-03-2013, 17:09
Anyone got any unwanted bits of an Acos Lustre GST1 kicking about anywhere?

phonomac
05-03-2013, 19:01
I had several (bits that is:)) floating around for ages.

Let me have a rummage around.

regards

Angus

rusty bearing
05-03-2013, 22:09
Thanks Angus:)

Wilbur
07-03-2013, 02:46
Could do with the bit the arm sits in at rest position,if you don't need it and one comes up.....bit cheeky but...shy bairns get no beer as the saying goes round these parts:cool:

rusty bearing
07-03-2013, 07:43
Never hurts to ask.....

The one I've acquired is in poor condition but not I think a write off. Missing is the tonearm lift platform, and the rest retaining clip is broken unfortunately, more seriously the VTA threaded hole in the baseplate is in need of repair, will need some metal putty and redrill/thread.
If I can rebuild with original parts great, if not I'll have to get seriously inventive!

phonomac
07-03-2013, 19:18
Well gents I've had a quick rummage, and all I've come up with so far is the shaft and lever that operates the arm lift:

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u486/phonomac/DSCF0138_zps6e03c8a4.jpg

We moved house about 18 months ago, and we might now be in the realm of unexplored boxes from the move :lol:. I do have a recollection of seeing the metal bar that holds the arm rest/lift, and a slightly more faded recollection of the arm base with the spring assembly.

I'll keep rummaging :scratch:

PS (for Wilbur/Paul) - I finally recovered enough to send you some photos of the GL75. I assume you've moved on past that now?

regards

Angus

rusty bearing
07-03-2013, 22:47
Ah, I need one of those as well. I'll take it and any other bits as well please. Sent PM