PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

Roy Riches
21-02-2008, 11:53
Hello Ladies & Gentlemen.
I've been invited to join this new and enterprising Forum by some acquaintances of old. I wish it every success and hope the high standards of good conduct are maintained.

My last 8 years of experimentation with affordable Dedicated Mains supplies for Hi–Fi, and with the numerous Mains contributions from other like-minded people (Thank You everyone), has left me in the privileged position of being able to offer all this information to anyone who requests it, for FREE.
There is currently 5Mb of Dedicated Mains Information, consisting 36 MS Word documents/attachments. My e-Mail account is listed in my profile details should anyone require this free information.

Most of us have Hi-Fi aspirations that exceed our disposable income, so we try and maximise what we have. Upgrading the Mains to the Hi-Fi is one area where HUGE MASSIVE gains can be achieved for "little" financial outlay. I just wish someone had been there for me 30 years ago, informing me about these Mains ideas that improve Hi-Fi equipment performance.
Mind you, back then people laughed when they were told that interconnect cables were directional. How times have changed?

Please note that all of these Mains ideas should be within the scope of anyone who has modest DIY skills. I have attempted to keep everything at a "nuts and bolts" level, and have used "off the shelf" electrical items - nothing esoteric. I have purposely avoided anything which requires equipment internal modification and soldering of the Hi-Fi equipment. The aim was to ensure, hopefully, that the sonic gains achieved are easily duplicated and repeatable by anyone employing these ideas. There is no magic, just adherence to good quality engineering practices, and a belt and braces approach to achieve a decent dedicated power supply for all the Hi-Fi.

Please note that as of January 2005 Part "P" of the Building Regulations came into effect and any completely New Mains installations will require certification.

Best regards
Roy

Filterlab
21-02-2008, 11:55
Hi Roy and welcome!

Excellent offer of FREE advice, thank you very much. I'm sure you'll have a few requestors.

Nice to have you here. :)

Marco
21-02-2008, 12:09
Hi Roy,

Nice to see you and welcome!

Don't worry, there are no 'idiots' allowed here... ;)

I look forward to hearing all about your latest experiments. If you could list your current system and/or post any pictures in the Gallery that would be great.

Regards,
Marco.

P.S Ian tells me that you're seeking to change your Naim gear?

greenhomeelectronics
21-02-2008, 15:35
Oh no!! When did you change the rules about idiots being allowed?
That's me gone :)
Welcome Roy, it's nice here - some good people.
Dave.

Filterlab
21-02-2008, 15:41
Oh no!! When did you change the rules about idiots being allowed?
That's me gone :)

Don't worry Dave, we won't retrospectively prune our members. :lol:

Btw, I'll do your backgrounds this evening - been so busy mate I've not had time to even look at it. :steam:

:)

greenhomeelectronics
22-02-2008, 17:10
I was worried for a while there. I didn't fancy being pruned - whatever that is. Is it some sort of moden day perversion that uses dried fruits? If it is I might be interested after all...
Sorry to hihack your thread, Roy. I can be very immature at times :-)
Dave.
PS I won't nag you on the backgrounds Rob, I know how busy life has a habit of becoming at times.
Keep smiling.

Mike Reed
23-02-2008, 14:39
Like to think my e-mail exhortations had something to do with your resurfacing on a forum again, but good to see you anyway.

Must mention this to our mutual friend in Thanet, who has potential for considerable input, I feel.

Good luck, Roy