PDA

View Full Version : Hello

guy
02-03-2013, 09:20
Hi

My name is Guy (hence the user name :) ).

I am a member of "hi fi subjectivist" and have been reading this forum for some time to get a better idea of what is going on (also a member of linn, naim, crossover network and pfm).

main system: LP12 - pre Valhalah,Heed orbit power supply, Ittock, DV20xh, Nait 3 (swap with Onix OA20 fom time to time, think I prefer the Onix, but input sensitivity seems lacking for DV20)and Rega Ela mk1's.

Rega Kytes on lead shot filled Heybrook stands in Dining room (main source Denon tuner).

TDL RTL 2 with Mac mini and Denon PMA 350 SE(e-bay bargain) in the study.

As you may be able to tell from the above, I have been interested in music reproduction for some time.

Best wishes. Guy.

John
02-03-2013, 09:47
Hi Guy
Welcome to AOS
What music do you like to listen too

Marco
02-03-2013, 09:57
Hi Guy,

Welcome to AoS. Glad you've joined us to hopefully get a better persepctive on things! ;)

That's a well-thought out system - should sound nice :)

Marco.

guy
02-03-2013, 22:03
Hi Marco,

Thanks for the welcome, appreciated.
Not sure about a better perspective, perhaps a different one :)

No problems with "hi fi subjectivist". The Doc strikes me as a very helpful/honest chap and a designer/maker of excellent amplifiers (I would like to try some out once my girls have got through university and are self sufficient!).

My system makes me smile (in a good way), but I am interested in hearing other peoples opinions and their experiences - such is life.

Regards. Guy.

guy
02-03-2013, 22:22
Hi John,

Thanks for the welcome. Music is fairly varied:
Palestrina, Bach (had to get them in to appear serious!) Stones, Led Zep, ZZtop, Faces (showing age), Sea sick Steve, George Thorogood (will be seeing soon in Cambridge).
Dr Feelgod (really upset about Wilco, but reading an interview with him recently, he seems to be taking things well - I couldn't be so accepting of the situation for myself).
Eminem, Jennifer Hudson, Helicopter girl.
Would really like to see Bruno Marrs - I think that he gets some excellent musicians supporting him from what I have seen on TV.
Lots of others really, about 1200 LP's (never really got into CD)
Can not get in to jazz - although really enjoyed seeing George Melly many years ago.

Best wishes. Guy.

Guy.