PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Aerobat
28-02-2013, 20:16
Hi all,

Hartge7 posted about a phono stage shootout I attended, so I figured it time to activate my account here.

My main system includes two Japanese linear trackers, a Mitsu LT-30 and Pioneer PL-L1000. They are running a Stanton 681EE (NOS stylus recently purchased) and a NOS SAE1000E, also recent. The digital source is a Panny RP-91.

Phono stage is the Pass Pearl 2 mentioned in the shootout. Amplification is a Pass B1/F5 integrated I built that can be seen here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/229359-f5-mezmerize-integrated.html

Speakers are Mirage OM-7s.

My musical tastes range from 70s-80s hard rock to 80s post-punk/new wave/synth-pop to 50s-60s Jazz to early classical. I listen mainly to vinyl.

Going to various audiophile's homes such as Hartge7's has greatly expanded my knowledge and appreciation of highly-resolving systems, and I heartily recommend doing this.

Mark

John
28-02-2013, 20:44
Hi Mark
Welcome to AOS
Yes great to hear other approaches when hearing other peoples systems
John

The Grand Wazoo
28-02-2013, 23:53
Woo-hoo!
You're the second Mirage owner to join AoS in the last week! Now there are three of us!!!!
It's a brand not really known too well in the UK, as it was marketed as AV stuff. And AV stuff is not treated seriously by many UK audio nuts (including me, actually!)

Welcome to The Art of Sound.

Aerobat
04-03-2013, 19:27
Woo-hoo!
You're the second Mirage owner to join AoS in the last week! Now there are three of us!!!!
It's a brand not really known too well in the UK, as it was marketed as AV stuff. And AV stuff is not treated seriously by many UK audio nuts (including me, actually!)

Welcome to The Art of Sound.

Thanks! The OM-7s were actually purchased as part of a HT setup in 2001, and are well regarded by my audiophile friends, having exceptional bass and an incredible omnipolar soundstage.

That HT setup included a Denon 3802 HTR, and Mirage C2 center, R2 rears, and a BPS-150i sub. This is still in service today for TV and movies, but for music I used the Pass amp and just the two OM-7s.

The Grand Wazoo
04-03-2013, 21:01
I've been using my M3si's for 6 or 7 years now. They're excellent and I've never come across another speaker like them.