PDA

View Full Version : Hey

Xaval
28-02-2013, 11:53
Just registered so here goes a brief intro.

Based in Lisbon, 30+ years of audiophile nightmares and music listening sweet dreams.

My systems are mostly vintage stuff as I find I'm getting a bit jaded off most of the new stuff that's on the marketing agenda of so many companies these days. I'm into enjoying music more than anything else.

The Grand Wazoo
28-02-2013, 23:47
Hi Luis,
Welcome to AoS - it's nice to have you here.
I fully endorse your stance on new gear - much of what's available has not advanced much in the last few decades has it?
What sort of music do you like?

John
01-03-2013, 05:52
Welcome Luis to AOS

Andrei
05-03-2013, 04:10
If you start digging Luis you will come out near my house!

Don't get jaded about the 'new stuff'. As you say it is most of the new stuff. The way I see it most of the new stuff is overpriced but there is good stuff out there.

When I go on holiday I plan it for 3 to 4 months - that's half the fun. Right now I am planning on getting a really good SACD player. I don't have the money for it right now but I watch the forums, read the mags etc. It may sound a bit odd but I enjoy the research and I know that when I make the purchase that I will not regret it.

Anyway, I am new here too - they are a friendly and helpful bunch.

Xaval
05-03-2013, 23:21
Thank you for the warm welcome chaps :)

@Chris - Can't say I'm an all rounder with music and tastes as well as preferences have changed with time (or is it me that has changed?). I tend to gravitate to Classic Rock, Psychadelic Rock, Prog Rock, Classic Jazz, Prog Metal. On Classical, I still have a long way to go, but I have learned to appreciate the big pieces out of the likes of Bruckner, Wagner, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Strauss... well the composers list can actually get a bit large if I go on :s
There's great stuff being created off the electronic department with loads of interesting genres and sub genres.
I totally stay away from hiphop (except for the Beastie Boys lol) or rap stuff.

@Andrei here and there there's some "new" great stuff. The Bushmaster DAC is the reason I got here. It just sound amazing (even if it was a lot more expensive).

Thing Fish
05-03-2013, 23:45
Welcome Luis...:wave: