PDA

View Full Version : Just bagged this !

Audio Al
27-02-2013, 13:57
Just bagged this album on ebay for 1.99p + £2.00 Post , it arrived today

Its mint like new :) Sitting listening now :)

Its really good

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/bigboobs/220px-Avalon_album_cover.jpg

synsei
27-02-2013, 16:03
Superb Album that Al. I've just bagged a similar steal, also a minter apparently, of Fleetwood Mac's Mirage. Should be here tomorrow :)

Mr Kipling
27-02-2013, 17:41
Superb Album that Al. I've just bagged a similar steal, also a minter apparently, of Fleetwood Mac's Mirage. Should be here tomorrow :)

One of my favourite albums. Used to use it as a test disc when doing mods years ago. Fleetwood Mac themselves didn't think it had that much merit. The cd's not bad.

synsei
27-02-2013, 17:54
One of my favourite albums. Used to use it as a test disc when doing mods years ago. Fleetwood Mac themselves didn't think it had that much merit. The cd's not bad.

I've never heard the album Stephen although I am familiar with some of the tracks from it, so I am looking forward to giving it a spin tomorrow :)

Mr Kipling
27-02-2013, 18:00
I don't think you'll be disappointed, Dave.

synsei
27-02-2013, 18:04
I really like Rumours and Tusk and I have been told that Mirage has a similar vibe so I reckon I will like it ;)

Mr Kipling
27-02-2013, 18:19
I've never heard Tusk. I kept meaning to get it for years but never got round to it. It was their first digital recording and they were less than happy with the sound they were getting initially.

synsei
27-02-2013, 18:26
I remember there being a lot of controversy about the recording in the hifi press, some of the journos found it to be a bit too 'in yer face'. I bought the LP when it was released and was happy with it, it sounded very good on the system I had at the time. I've since bought the CD and it does seem to have been toned down a little compared to the LP. Both sound good on my current system but my preference lies with the vinyl version.

Canetoad
04-03-2013, 12:50
Just received The Kinks - Muswell Hillbillies on SACD. Just about to take a listen. :)