PDA

View Full Version : Good day everyone.

ebmetec
27-02-2013, 12:23
Hi, my name is Chris and I'm an EBME (Electro-Bio-Medical-Engineer) for the NHS, Part time now as I'm 67 and half retired. That is where my handle on this forum comes from.
My system is fairly basic at this point in time.
System 1 is as follows Quad 303/33/fm3 plus a Maranz CD player with a pair of Tannoy M20 Golds. I am looking for an updated Quad 303 either by Amplabs or Net Audio So I'll be keeping my eye on the for sale items.
System 2 consists of a Goldring GL78 turntable which I have just finished servicing which in turn is connected to a Teac amplifier and Teac cd player both new and a pair of Goodman Goodwood speakers. My other interest is music keyboards from early Hammond/Leslie systems up to the latest keyboards, I play (badly) but then if I was really good I would be on the stage! My other interest is vinyl (the only real way to listen to music) I have just finished building a record cleaning machine consisting of a Goldring GL78 turntable and an old medical grade suction pump, it works quite well but still needs refining. There is so much good music out there at bargin prices in the form of records. I look forward to reading all of your threads and ideas in the weeks to come.

Kind regards

Chris.

Audio Al
27-02-2013, 12:32
Hi Chris , Welcome to the forum

Sounds like some decent gear you have ( Quads :eyebrows: )

Enjoy your time with us

We all like photos of other members systems :D

Cheers

ebmetec
27-02-2013, 12:49
Hi, thanks for the welcome, when I get the hang of this forum I'll post some photos, Not too sure where every thing is/goes at the moment. This is the first forum I have evr joined.

Regards

Chris.

hifi_dave
01-03-2013, 16:38
Hi Chris and welcome.

It's good to have someone older than me on the Forum..:wheniwasaboy: