PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster and Squeezebox 15V power supply

StanleyB
25-02-2013, 18:04
I kept wondering why a couple of customers had frequent issues with their Bushmaster that involved the firmware chip blowing up. After a bit of investigation it turned out that they were using the 15V SB power supply with the BM. Well if you are also using a 15V PSU then don't! The BM has been set up for use with a 12V PSU or a 12V battery. The firmware measures the supply level and the resistor dividing network is set up for 13V max. The extra 2V given out by the 15V SB power supply is slowly overloading the firmware chip. Microchip specifies a maximum supply of 5.5V, which works out at about 13V max for the external PSU feeding the BM.

So please take note.

Mike g
25-02-2013, 20:29
Hi stan- which batteries do you use/recommend?

StanleyB
25-02-2013, 20:35
There is a thread somewhere that discusses the use of batteries. You'll have to do a search for Li-ion and Li-po batteries. It should bring up the thread with various users input.
I myself have used a number of different battery options just for fun. The most expensive one is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Capa-Universal-External-Battery-Pack-for-laptops-/150889484871?pt=UK_Computing_LaptopsAccessories_La ptopBatteries&hash=item2321b6d247